PDA

View Full Version : Behringer DR600 Digital Stereo Reverb Effx Pedal

Duffy
June 9th, 2010, 04:58 AM
I just ordered a Behringer Digital Stereo Reverb Effx Pedal and am hoping it is going to work okay. Anyone have one?

marnold
June 9th, 2010, 07:56 AM
I just ordered a Behringer Digital Stereo Reverb Effx Pedal and am hoping it is going to work okay. Anyone have one?
I'll be interested in hearing what you think about it. I've heard a lot of people say it sounds ridiculously awful. The clips I've heard online don't seem to bear that out. Then there are others who think it's the bee's knees, most notably someone whose opinion I value highly. Not sure if he has the DR600 or not, but I know it is a Behringer digital reverb stomp box that he plays all his gigs with.

oldguy
June 9th, 2010, 10:57 AM
The one I have sounds good reverb-wise......but it has a hiss plus it colors the sound of the amph, which is why I bought the Digitech Hardwire Reverb.

Duffy
June 10th, 2010, 11:15 AM
The DR600 works well, with a range of reverbs and tweakability. For 29 dollars it does more than the expected job.

I would like to get the digitech hard wire reverb, however.

My DR600 does not hiss. Almost imperceptible sound, but I have mostly all "excellent" guitar cables now. Paid the extra bucks and got really good cables. Plan to continue to get good cables.

Cheap cables can be the source of noise.

My Behringer eq pedal was also noisy. I should try it out now with the good cables and compare. I should also try using it in the effects loop and see if it is any quieter.

The DR600 I have is quiet and I don't have a great deal of RF interference in my playing area. It does the job for amps that don't have reverbs and it does the job better than 29 dollars would be expected to do. I also have a very simple Danelectro Corned Beef reverb that is counterintuitive in its controls but does a unique reverb job, but nothing like the Behringer with the six types of reverb and the type rotary knob that switches between reverb models. I kind of like that reverb type knob because depending which guitar you are using you can twist the knob and get the best sounding reverb type. For instance, the strat favors a certan type and the LP another, that type of "go by ear" thing.

I'm glad I got it but it is not a digitech hard wire reverb, which maybe I'll get for my birthday or Christmas or something. Maybe at the Fourth of July GC sale?

I should be prepared for that with some extra bucks because you can get some great deals on that Fourth of July sale if you get there in the morning, plus, I'm going to be near Nashville and I bet that GC in Nashville will have some serious inventory and maybe some decent blow outs. I'll call them in advance. Anybody familiar with the Nashville GC? Is there more than one of them there?