PDA

View Full Version : New Blues Rhythm Lesson Video (using no pick)!

Robert
June 9th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Here is a lesson I made last night for playing a simple blues rhythm pattern by using the right hand fingers, and no pick. Have a look. I taught this to a student of mine, and he was really hooked on it, so I figured it might fun for others out there to learn to.

ko8gYDzxs3w

mainestratman
June 9th, 2010, 07:44 AM
:rockya

Retro Hound
June 9th, 2010, 08:00 AM
Love it! Thanks.

Jimi75
June 9th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Lesson is cool with a wise wise fact right in the beginning about rhythm and solo playing!

Robert your talking is cooler than in former times, but still appears a bit rigid. It seems like you concentrated strongly on the presentation. Still very sympathic. :applause

Robert
June 9th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Thanks Jimi and everyone. Hopefully people can learn something from it regardless of how rigid my talking is.

Jimi75
June 9th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Thanks Jimi and everyone. Hopefully people can learn something from it regardless of how rigid my talking is.

Hello Robert, your lessons are always very useful, so poeple will learn from it. i have commented on almost all of your lessons with my honest opinon. It seemd as if you recently put more momentum on the presentation, whcih is good. You talk more, you asked about your style etc., so I thought I'd comment on that, too. Hopefully my input is useful in some way to you. You know how crazy people are out there...hair, veins and stuff!

Robert
June 9th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Yeah, it's always hard to know how one comes across. Speaking in this manner is mostly improvising on my end, so sometimes things come out in funny ways.

Tig
June 9th, 2010, 03:58 PM
Well, it works for me. I really like your teaching method.

Robert
June 9th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Thanks! I am actually quite proud of the fact that I started that lesson from scratch last night at about 9:45pm, and I got the gear set up, tested, video recorded, edited and finished the very same evening! :)

That usually never happens. Editing a video sometimes takes many hours in total, because I want to make it as good as possible, so I cut out parts, trimming and greasing the whole production with filters and whatnot, until it's as good as I can make it from the source material. I have to view it over and over several times too, just to see if anything was missed after all the edits. So all done in a couple of hours like that is a bit of a personal accomplishment... I must be getting better at it :whatever:

piebaldpython
June 9th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Good lesson....well presented and nice and slow so that it's easier to learn right away instead of having to hit the REPEAT button 100 times.

bigG
June 10th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Very nice, Roberto! That's a lick that every guit player should have in his/her bag o tricks! Well done, and I thought you were quite personable, personally. :applause

I've been playin alot of acoustic blues lately, flat-picked and fingerstyle, and I use the "expanded" version of this lick quite often.

riverrick
June 10th, 2010, 10:13 PM
Another great lesson....a very cool sounding lick. Thanks Robert!!!

sumitomo
June 11th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Very nice Robert! :digit Sumi:D

sunvalleylaw
July 3rd, 2010, 08:12 AM
Hey, I missed this. This is really great. My focus for the summer is improving my rhythm playing and I found this looking for rhythm tips in the technique section. Nice! That new Hag Viking sounds great too! Thanks again Robert.

Robert
July 3rd, 2010, 08:56 AM
You are welcome!

Glad to hear it's useful. :)