PDA

View Full Version : 1st vid of Bonamassa's Supergroup

Jimi75
June 11th, 2010, 08:38 AM
KVfMa61Zjmg

marnold
June 11th, 2010, 08:45 AM
Did they ever overcome all the extra "drama" with the group? They didn't have the "Communion" at the end of their name last I heard.

Spudman
June 11th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Did they ever overcome all the extra "drama" with the group? They didn't have the "Communion" at the end of their name last I heard.

The drama was with management not within the band as I understood it.

Jimi - thanks! I can hardly wait for the record. Do you realize Glenn is about 58 years old and is still hitting those notes? Amazing! This is just going to be a flat out rock and roll album. I'm excited.

guitarhack
June 11th, 2010, 10:38 AM

Someone else already had a trademark or copyright on the name "Black Country" and wanted an outrageous sum of money for the rights to it, hence the addition of "Communion".

Commodore 64
June 11th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Awesome. I like Glenn Hughe's stuff with Tony Iommi too.

sumitomo
June 11th, 2010, 11:48 AM
:digit Sumi:D

duhvoodooman
June 11th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Do you realize Glenn is about 58 years old and is still hitting those notes?
Being 59 myself, I can certainly appreciate that. However....candidly, I wish he'd hit a few less of them. Those falsetto screeches are kind of like salt in a recipe--a bit adds flavor, but it's easy to overdo....

Spudman
June 11th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Being 59 myself, I can certainly appreciate that. However....candidly, I wish he'd hit a few less of them. Those falsetto screeches are kind of like salt in a recipe--a bit adds flavor, but it's easy to overdo....

Just to illustrate how big his cajones are...that's not falsetto. It's his regular voice. Glenn Hughes rocks! :dude

Tig
June 11th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Found another video posted. More of a Zeppelin-like slower paced rock blues thing.

_bQXz0FXUGM

I dunno... I'm just not getting them yet, but the Bonamassa solo is nice here.

ZMAN
June 12th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Nothing super about it. I think Joe will look back on this as a mistake.

sumitomo
June 12th, 2010, 07:08 AM
You maybe right Zman,but he won't know unless he tries!I think it's a cool move,give up some of those singing duties so he can play more,seems like he's been burning the candle at both ends,I don't know for sure but night after night holding the playing and singing duties,well I see burnout written on that.Sumi:D

Spudman
June 12th, 2010, 07:59 AM
Nothing super about it. I think Joe will look back on this as a mistake.

Why is that?

marnold
June 12th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I haven't heard anything from them yet that has really blown me away. The song in the video above is good, but probably nothing that would make me sprint out to get the album. Conversely, we haven't heard much from them yet.

ZMAN
June 13th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Why is that?

I am a big Joe fan and I like his blues. I am also a Gary Moore fan and I like his blues. I do not like Hughes style and to see Joe in the background chording away while Hughes schreeches away doesn't appeal to me.
I really don't see anything amazing about this group. Of course I really don't think any of them are blues guys, so I really havent' heard much of their work.
It is just not my style of music i guess.

DrumBob
June 13th, 2010, 07:26 PM
I've been looking forward to hearing these guys, but that stuff sounds like retread Sabbath/Zeppelin riffs. I'll buy the CD anyway.

helliott
June 23rd, 2010, 04:28 PM
Ya gotta hand it to Joe for not doing the easy thing and just doing another great blues outing. He's trying something new, more power to him.

LeadedEL84
June 26th, 2010, 10:08 PM
I'm a big Bonamassa fan. I like his music,his business sense,and his refreshing humbleness about being one of the best players. I am not too sure how I like this latest incarnation though. I get how he wants to try something new,mix it up and keep it fresh. That's one of his best traits. He explores and tries new things. From what I've seen of this new group,I'm just not feeling it. The songs are OK but not great. The singing annoys the heck out of me. Sure the guys got lungs and can scream some serious notes,but that's about all I get out of it. I would like to see Joe paired with a singer with little more subtle and soulful style. Joe is not a bad singer himself. He can really belt out some notes. If he is going to turn the mic over to someone else it should be to someone with some serious talent that brings something to the table he doesn't have vocally or in the song writing dept.
I would go see the show live for a chance to see Bonamassa and Jason Bohnam is cool too. I don't think I'll ever buy the CD though.

kidsmoke
June 27th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Sorry about the blur, but Randolph wouldn't sit still :dude

That's funny. I went to a RR show and every photo I took is blury too. :rotflmao:

fatoomsh
June 27th, 2010, 08:43 PM
i'm struggling. Its a bit too blues by numbers for me. West Bruce and Lang perfected the 'blues so slow your face melts' after Bruces work with Cream. Thats not to say it isn't good but it isn't supergroup either.