PDA

View Full Version : Myra Marshall Band Video (Hagstrom Swede + Mack Heatseeker)

Robert
June 11th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Different tone here compared to the video with the Suhr Classic. The settings were the same on amp and for effects. It's just a big difference in how these two guitar sound. Something the Swede works fantastically well, because of how it cuts through the mix.

Which guitar's sound do you like better of these two?

7XAyaxiaVmY

With the Suhr:

AfJVkfo15SY

Jimi75
June 11th, 2010, 02:35 PM
Both guitars sound really great, but I like the Hag a tiny bit more.

Katastrophe
June 11th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Both have their respective merits, but I am continually amazed at how good the Hag sounds for the price as compared to the more expensive Suhr.

Not to take anything away from the Suhr, as I think it sounds fantastic, too. But the Hag does win the "bang for the buck" category.

Eric
June 17th, 2010, 06:19 AM
To be honest, I thought the electric guitar was a little too out front in the mix on both of them. Of the two, the Suhr did the better job of working within the band.

Both tones were good, but thinking about where the ear should be drawn and where it actually was drawn, the Hagstrom cut a little too much.

No offense -- just my 2 cents. Nice playing as usual.

Robert
June 17th, 2010, 07:33 AM
The guitar was too loud yes, no need to apologize for mentioning that. We didn't have a sound man and the camera microphone just caught what it sounded like in front of the stage. We had a pretty crappy PA too.

The band sounds better when Myra can be heard more. The drums sound terrible on the recording too.

Anyway, interesting to hear the comments. Those 2 guitar sounds soooo different!

street music
June 21st, 2010, 06:06 PM
Robert , this is my first chance to listen to both of these recordings. Yes, the PA needed a lot of balance and some EQ for it to have sounded better, having said that. I think the country sounded better from the SUHR, I think the Hagstrom gave more to the blues side, If I had to pick one to bring home with me I would give a nod to the SUHR as it seems to be more versatile for what you were playing with Myra, I think she could be fun to perform with and has a nice voice.
You did a good job and I'm still very jealous of anyone who plays that well.:applause :applause :thumbsup

helliott
June 22nd, 2010, 06:57 PM
Agree, both sound great. The Swede cuts more, assume it's the buckers. But the Suhr also sounds really sweet. Both guitars played like you play them deserve to be on stage. Get an A/B box -- it makes switching easy. Great playing.

Lev
June 23rd, 2010, 03:22 AM
Personally I prefer the sound of the Suhr, I also noticed that you seemed more comfortable with the Suhr. Maybe I'm wrong but you seemed a bit more relaxed with the Suhr whereas you seemed to be fighting a bit more with the Hag. Overall both were great and I'd be happy to gig with either setup.