PDA

View Full Version : Pure beauty

Blaze
June 12th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Wo8U20LicdU&feature

marnold
June 12th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Tommy is absolutely amazing. C.G.P. indeed. I've always been more partial to this:
TQJ1k2HMoRU

He breaks into a Tommy-esque take on "Walk, Don't Run" at ~2:00 too.

jpfeifer
June 12th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Absolute matery of the instrument. Tommy Emmanuel is awesome.
I love his arrangement of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, that was incredible.

--Jim

Eric
June 13th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Great clip. I'm supposed to go see him on the 24th -- I hope my friend has managed to buy tickets by this point.

Eric
June 24th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I just got back from seeing Tommy. Unbelievable. I am just in complete awe of how good he can make one instrument sound. Not just impressive, but also, you know, fun to listen to.

This was probably a top-5 concert for me. If given the opportunity to see him, I would go 100 times out of 100.

FusedGrooves
June 29th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Tommy inspired me to pick up the guitar when I was 11, I heard/saw him on Hey Hey its Saturday here in AUS and I've been to every concert in the last 20 something years, minus when he was sick and cancelled a tour.

Have a few of his instructional DVDs/VHS (Yes remember those...) and learnt alot > missed alot too being self taught and so young but he is amazing.

'Initiation' - a tribute to the Aboriginals in Australia would be one of my favourites mainly due to the extra sounds he gets from tapping/knocking on various parts of the guitar, making some crazy sounds that make it sound like you're listening to the bugs and animals in a forest or something!

Absolutely amazing guitarist - one of my favourites well above Yngie Malmsteen, Satriani and Co shredders/tappers. To me, it has alot more feeling/soul than any 1,000,000,000 note finger tapping solo, though that'd be impressive as well...I guess by nature I just prefer slow, soulful, melodic type music VS NOISE.... :D

Classical gas is pretty good - the version with the Melbourne Symphony orchestra is worth a look too....

bigoldron
July 4th, 2010, 05:21 PM
All I can say is: wow..........

Fingerhurting
July 12th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Me to all i can say is wow :applause :applause :dance