PDA

View Full Version : I can now drive legally!

pes_laul
June 14th, 2010, 11:54 AM
With a parent or legal guardian :thwap

Haha yeah I got my learners permit and I should be getting my license (If I do well) this coming fall time.

I drive alright. Unless its a stick then Im a bit iffy :poke but I do alright

FrankenFretter
June 14th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Congratulations, young Kris! Be safe out there!

Commodore 64
June 14th, 2010, 12:06 PM
God help us!

M29
June 14th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Congrats Pez with a K :thumbsup

I remember when I first got my license. I had all these plans to go out with dads car and when I came home from school I asked if I could use the car and dad said plain out, no! I couldn't believe it, I was devastated. I did walk over and see my girlfriend though, so everything worked out ok.

marnold
June 14th, 2010, 12:34 PM
Mental note: exercise more caution when driving in Michigan.

That's pretty awesome though, Pes. Soon you'll learn the unparalleled joys of oil changes, insurance rates, and people-who-don't-control-their-shopping-carts.

sumitomo
June 14th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Congrats Pes,You'll do just fine.Sumi:D

Tig
June 14th, 2010, 01:14 PM
I learned on a stick, so everything's easy after that.

And now, Tig's Wisdom to New Drivers Corner: :lecture
When we first drive, we are usually very cautious. Then we get comfortable and take more chances and not pay as much attention...
Bam! That's when things happen quick and unexpected. (don't ask, OK?!) :messedup:

Learn from other's mistakes and never let your guard down.

PS: Be kind to us bike riders out there. :D

kiteman
June 14th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Watch out for buttholes and potholes. :D

Avoid them at all costs.

MAXIFUNK
June 14th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Be Safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!

piebaldpython
June 14th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Note to young Skywalker.........avoid, like the plague, women in cars yapping away on their cell-phones to their dopey girlfriends. :french

Tig
June 14th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Note to young Skywalker.........avoid, like the plague, women in cars yapping away on their cell-phones to their dopey girlfriends. :french

X 10 on the text gurlz
http://libertysmommy08.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/texting11.jpg

pes_laul
June 14th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Yeah I know. When I was in drivers training we were driving in the city and this stupid *****:what was talking on her phone and to her passenger and just about rear ended me at every stop light. Then my instructor flipped her off:thumbsup

Spudman
June 14th, 2010, 05:17 PM
HEY! Slow down!! :spank

That's just for future use when I won't be around to say it.

Congratulations on getting the highly mobile freedom pass. :applause

sunvalleylaw
June 14th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Enjoy the freedom, and the responsibility. Stick shifts are awesome, and I believe they make you understand how cars work more fully, so you become a better driver. +1 on what everyone else said about phones, texting, etc. Driving is a cool thing. Congrats!

Katastrophe
June 14th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Be safe on the road, mind your speed, and watch out for the other guy, cuz he sure as hell ain't watching out for you.

Geez, I feel like an old codger now. *sniffs* *hikes leisure suit pants to just below nipple level*

otaypanky
June 15th, 2010, 12:31 AM
You are about to discover how unbelievably stupid people can be Pes.
Every time you get behind the wheel, you are on a mission, to arrive at your destination safely. Hopefully you will develop an awareness of everything going on around you and begin to develop a sixth sense.
On the bright side, congratulations. Be careful out there ;)

otaypanky
June 15th, 2010, 12:36 AM
JUST WoW !!!
What's the story behind that pic Tig, do you know?

X 10 on the text gurlz
http://libertysmommy08.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/texting11.jpg

oldguy
June 15th, 2010, 04:09 AM
Congrats, Pes!
And listen to what everyone has told you, 'cuz they're right.

Algonquin
June 15th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Learn some good defensive driving practices, and expect other drivers on the road to do something stupid... because they usually will.

Have fun Kris :dance

sumitomo
June 15th, 2010, 08:09 AM
JUST WoW !!!

Wow is true! The last thing that went through their mind was their butthole!Sumi:D

Tig
June 15th, 2010, 08:13 AM
JUST WoW !!!

I don't know the story, but the driver's upper body ended up in the back seat while his lower was still in front.
I won't post the rest of the photos out of respect for the forum's viewers.

Spudman
June 15th, 2010, 09:26 AM
JUST WoW !!!

When that photo came out I heard that the driver was texting and crossed lanes. There is another photo somewhere of the top half of his body laying on the pavement.

Pes DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE! EVER!!

Tig
June 15th, 2010, 01:06 PM
When that photo came out I heard that the driver was texting and crossed lanes. There is another photo somewhere of the top half of his body laying on the pavement.

Pes DO NOT TEXT AND DRIVE! EVER!!

Enter with caution... Seriously
http://angelnoah.blogspot.com/2008/01/texting-while-drivinghang-up-and-drive.html

pes_laul
June 15th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Enter with caution... Seriously
http://angelnoah.blogspot.com/2008/01/texting-while-drivinghang-up-and-drive.html
I was starting to feel pretty safe driving until that :puke:

deeaa
June 16th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Bah! If you can chew gum and walk you can easily talk on the phone while driving. But I have a bad habit of surfing the net and reading and writing emails when I'm driving...that may not be so wise :-)