PDA

View Full Version : Fedex Blues

piebaldpython
June 16th, 2010, 12:09 PM
AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I recently ordered a gigbag from Sweetwater to protect DVM's sweet Xaviere tele that I bought from him.

The tracking says DELIVERED at 12.22 PM and my wife gets home at 12.25. No gigbag, no box, no nuttin!!! I'm steamed.

I have my wife drive up and down our block and the next block up. NOTHING.

Now I'm even more steamed. I take a walk at lunch, get back and there's a message on my phone.......from a domestic worker at a little old lady's house up on the next block from me.....saying...hey, a package was delivered for you here, come and get it. So, my wife is out for the afternoon and she'll pick it up later on. Sheesh!!

This is not the first time I've had git-related stuff delivered to the old lady on the next block. I'm totally frustrated and quite frankly scared of ordering stuff for fear it winds up in East Jippip. One of Vood's BYOC pedals went there previously along with an elderly.com order.

Commodore 64
June 16th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Seems appropriate that an elderly.com order ended up at an old lady's house. Just sayin'... :P

duhvoodooman
June 16th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Hey, at least you're eventually getting the stuff. I sent a pedal to Tone2theBone a couple of years back by Priority Mail, with delivery confirmation. They delivered it....but not to him. Never did turn up, and i was out the cost of the pedal. Now I insure everything I send via Priority Mail, unless it's of low value.

I guess the bottom line is that all of the various parcel services have their problems....

Tone2TheBone
June 16th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Seems appropriate that an elderly.com order ended up at an old lady's house. Just sayin'... :P

LMAO that's classic!

Bob's right. I'm still mad about that one. That's when I got a P.O. Box for all my deliveries. Turns out that our mailman was stealing from people in his route. The police investigated and found open mail in his truck.

Eric
June 16th, 2010, 03:55 PM
I hear you. Though FedEx ground might be better than UPS when it comes to not destroying your package, I've had my fair share of frustrating deliveries with them.

HNGBD, BTW. What'd you end up with?

otaypanky
June 16th, 2010, 10:36 PM
You might want to contact some one at FedEx and let them hear that voice message from the neighbor. Explain it's happened before and in the future, should you have a similar incident and NOT get it back, you don't want to hear any excuses. OK, John Wayne rant is over. But they might want to know that their driver is not exactly detail oriented

sumitomo
June 17th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Sometimes it's a simple address mix up,you know NW and your NE whatever street.Sumi:D