PDA

View Full Version : Omg Omg Wtfbbq Ngd!!

progrmr
June 16th, 2010, 07:13 PM
Guitar Center was having it's 20% off sale for today and tomorrow so I stopped in there looking for my next guitar - the guitar with which I will embrace my inner metal head, and return to the music that I love.

I found it...the guitar to make me happy. And it sounds soooo freakin' good :dance

Here's some pics:

http://www.daverancour.com/rr/rr4.jpg

http://www.daverancour.com/rr/rr3.jpg

http://www.daverancour.com/rr/rr2.jpg

http://www.daverancour.com/rr/rr1.jpg

Jackson Randy Rhoads RR24 - such a fast smooth neck, low action, neck-thru, made in Japan, with EMG pickup. Just an unbelievable player. It almost plays itself.

I will be practicing to make this baby sing!!

Eric
June 16th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Pretty sweet. Your cat, however, seems to be more interested in the neighboring cardboard box. Congrats on growing the herd!

sumitomo
June 16th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Congrats!!!! How much did you pay? and be careful you could put an eye out! Sumi:D

progrmr
June 16th, 2010, 07:38 PM
it was $699 - 20%, so got it for $560. Came with the SKB hardshell case in the pic - it's a GREAT case, says "Jackson" on the side and retails for ~$180.

The guitar was a stone cold steal. Bought some GHS 9's, but the strings that are on it are pretty new so I'm just going to enjoy it for now.

Robert
June 16th, 2010, 07:47 PM
You and Marnold will now be best buddies! :)

Katastrophe
June 16th, 2010, 08:00 PM
Oh. Em. Gee.

Dude. Just --- Dude!

That guitar is awesome! I can't think of a better guitar to embrace your inner metalhead.

Congrats, man!

You now have to follow the following set of instructions:

1. Plug guitar into Spider IV.
2. Find most wicked metal model you can. Preferrably with WAY too much gain.
3. Crank it. Don't worry about family or neighbors. The cops usually give warnings for the first call out.
4. Grind on that low E string until you see pick dust.
5. Hit a harmonic, or a pinch harmonic, and strangle the hell out of it with the Floyd.
6. Turn everything off, sit back, and enjoy the metal mayhem you just created.

M29
June 16th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Kat! That is so...so...so, well..metal! :dude

progrmr, that is one sweet metal machine!! :rockya

marnold
June 16th, 2010, 08:30 PM
You and Marnold will now be best buddies! :)
Darn tootin'! (Sorry, that wasn't terribly metal, was it.) Welcome to the Jackson club!

Kazz
June 16th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I really thought Rev would have went a little more wild with his response there.

love the Randy Rhodes model...very sweet.

DeanEVO_Dude
June 16th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Very nice axe man!

kerc
June 17th, 2010, 01:14 AM
That's a slick-looking metal machine.

FrankenFretter
June 17th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Very nice. Rad, in fact. Is that a Floyd? It looks more like a Kahler that I used to have on my RR knockoff guitar in the 80s.

That is wicked bad, dude. Go grind it!

progrmr
June 17th, 2010, 08:14 AM
You now have to follow the following set of instructions:

1. Plug guitar into Spider IV.
2. Find most wicked metal model you can. Preferrably with WAY too much gain.
3. Crank it. Don't worry about family or neighbors. The cops usually give warnings for the first call out.
4. Grind on that low E string until you see pick dust.
5. Hit a harmonic, or a pinch harmonic, and strangle the hell out of it with the Floyd.
6. Turn everything off, sit back, and enjoy the metal mayhem you just created.

^^ This is both hilarious and an accurate description of what I did as soon as I got home last night :)

It's a Floyd Rose tremelo - not a fan of those too much due to their complexity...sure once they're set they are great, but mess with it at your own peril :)

I love the thing...need strap locks and a new stand because the standard ones do work with this body shape.

M29
June 17th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Be sure and get a metal stand. :socool

FrankenFretter
June 17th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Be sure and get a metal stand. :socool

I think you mean an heavy metal stand. :dude

Brian Krashpad
July 5th, 2010, 09:58 AM
:dude

bigoldron
July 5th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Very nice, Progrmr!

kiteman
July 9th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Congrats on your acquisition. I'm no Jackson fan but I was pretty impressed with the JS20 I had from a trade. Seeing yours as a better made model I can imagine how well it plays.