PDA

View Full Version : Noisy Fender Twin Reverb Reissue

vooduucaster
June 17th, 2010, 06:16 AM
I have this Twin Reverb that when I plug the reverb/vibrato footswitch into it it gets quite noisy with white noise static whatever you want to call it but without the switch plugged in the amp is quiet of course no vibrato but drop dead beautiful reverb.
Is this normal as this is the first Twin I have owned or is there a problem that I can fix or have fixed.

duhvoodooman
June 17th, 2010, 09:14 AM
From one "Voodoo" to another: ;)

I'd suspect something amiss in the footswitch itself (bad wiring solder joint or the like), but it could be something as simple as a dirty footswitch jack in the amp. I'd suggest spraying some contact cleaner in there and working the cable plug in and out a few times as the first thing to try. If that doesn't help, any chance you have access to another Fender footswitch to try? That would at least tell you if it's the switch or not.

vooduucaster
June 25th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Thanks Voodooman, Ive plugged a Vox footwitch into it and it allows me to have both reverb and Vibrato but with that damn static noise when the reverb is kicked in, Vibrato by itself quiet.
I dont have any contact cleaner so I guess that should be the first thing I do then I will replace the Fender switch with the correct one.
Iam so thankful to have found this forum, I have learned so much.
Rusty