PDA

View Full Version : New Tweaker on the way!

Guitar50
June 17th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Just ordered a Egnater Tweaker from GC online and was able to use a $50 Father's Day coupon + a 20% coupon to bring the total cost down to around $415. Free shipping as well.

The 20% coupon is good through today, in case anyone else is interested. There are a few "exclusions", but Egnater wasn't one of them.

I looked at the Vox VT series, but it wasn't the right amp for me. I'm partially color-blind (or should that be "color challenged") and the Vox uses orange, red, and green LEDs to indicate the amp model. Talk about a potential nightmare!

I'll post a review when it arrives.

FrankenFretter
June 17th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I love those Tweakers. Good choice! A few of us Fretters (BDDon, NWBasser, and myself) tried one of those out a few months ago, and we were all very impressed with the tone and versatility of that amph.

Tig
June 17th, 2010, 07:39 AM
Dude, didn't you get my message? All the Tweakers have been recalled!

Sorry, I couldn't help myself... Just kidding! :poke
I wasn't like this until I started hanging around The Fret (yeah, right).
Congratulations on a great choice in the best-bang-for-the-buck tube amp category.

Guitar50
June 17th, 2010, 09:47 AM
:what

Recalled! No wonder I got such a good deal. :)

MAXIFUNK
June 17th, 2010, 10:41 AM
I want one of those real bad just the head though maybe for my b-day in Oct.

Tig
June 17th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I want one of those real bad just the head though maybe for my b-day in Oct.

I like the head version. I usually don't like the top panel location of most combo's.
I run mine into a 1x12 EVJ cab, which makes for an excellent match. The Eminence Lady Luck speaker is surprisingly well voiced. If I go with a 2x12 cab, I'll use it there.

FrankenFretter
June 17th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I like the head version. I usually don't like the top panel location of most combo's.
I run mine into a 1x12 EVJ cab, which makes for an excellent match. The Eminence Lady Luck speaker is surprisingly well voiced. If I go with a 2x12 cab, I'll use it there.

I have an EVJ cab just sitting around with no head...just begging for a Tweaker! Man, I don't need another amph, but....

Dang it, Doug, now I have GAS!