PDA

View Full Version : I joined the Classic Vibe Tele club!

Robert
June 17th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I got it yesterday, the 50s Classic Vibe Tele, and ooooh baby! :dance

Sweet sounding guitar. I ran it through my Line 6 Spider Valve and some righteous tones came right at me.

This is the guitar deal of the century! I looked closely at it, and I couldn't see any flaws or shortcuts taken. Neck pocket is tight, no scratchy pots, etc. I just have change the strings to 10s, cause I can't play with 09s anymore.

Video review might come next week (I'm away on a running relay over the weekend).

sunvalleylaw
June 17th, 2010, 08:44 AM
That is my one GAS item at this point. I want to get one, and consider replacing the neck pup with a bucker.

Tone2TheBone
June 17th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Welcome to the club I knew you'd like it.

duhvoodooman
June 17th, 2010, 09:08 AM
....This is the guitar deal of the century!
Well put. They are a very well made guitar with a great sound, and just an AMAZING value for the money. You guys know me, and I virtually always want to make some change or upgrade with my guitars. The only thing I did to my CV '50s Tele was swap in a 4-way pickup selector switch so that I could get the additional bridge & neck in series combo. Otherwise, the guitar is just perfect as is!

Congrats, RR! And, good news--no tubes to install in it! :poke

Tig
June 17th, 2010, 09:09 AM
Video review might come next week (I'm away on a running relay over the weekend).
Above decoded:
Robert will win another race to pay for it. :running
:thumbsup

Congrat's on the NGD, Robert! Amazing how much guitar you can get for so little money, eh?

MAXIFUNK
June 17th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Welcome to the club I knew you'd like it.

+1 I love my CV thinline tele and those 50's are just as nice you love it.

Robert on a summer time gear fest good for you!!!! :applause :applause

markb
June 17th, 2010, 03:06 PM
The best deal in telecasters around. 10s on a tele bring out all the goodness.

Kazz
June 17th, 2010, 05:01 PM
I would think that new tele goodness would ease the pain of that amp 'splodin on ya

Spudman
June 17th, 2010, 09:57 PM
+1 I love my CV thinline tele

I just fell in love with one yesterday. It is DEFENITELY on my Must Have list. Great guitar. I compared it to a $1000 Fender Deluxe Tele and it was every bit as good. The neck finish was different was about all.

Congrats Robert. Are you going to shed your Standard Squier Tele now?

deeaa
June 17th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Classic Vibe! That's it, not the player :-)

I you saw my post in the other group...I had this Classic VIBE strat and turned it into an excellent guitar. Just some sawing and ripping off of excess electronics and it became a true performer! I have to say I am very surprised of the neck quality, I initially looked into replacing it with something better but this thing is brilliant, solid and great, fast frets and all.

http://deeaa.pp.fi/clips/IMAG0250.jpg

hubberjub
June 17th, 2010, 11:26 PM
You've been on a gear rampage recently. Congratulations, it just gets worse from here on out.

Tig
June 18th, 2010, 06:55 AM
You've been on a gear rampage recently. Congratulations, it just gets worse from here on out.

Robert knows this as much as anyone, see?
http://www.dolphinstreet.com/blog/practicing-buying-guitar.php (http://www.dolphinstreet.com/blog/practicing-buying-guitar.php)
:poke

Unlike people such as myself, Robert has the skills to make the most of his GAS induced purchases!
For me to achieve his level of playing, I'll have to live to 110 years old. :rockya

sumitomo
June 18th, 2010, 07:36 AM
YEA!!! I'm still diggin mine,I know later down the line I will change the neck,I'm set on a '59 roundback bout 1.700 nut width(on the guitar you fool).It feels the best and bends and vibrato feels right,less hand cramping.Sumi:D

Robert
June 18th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Ha, I practiced in my youth! I payed my dues...

I don't know about the other Squier Tele I have. It has noiseless pickups, so it makes for a good live guitar - no hum.

ZMAN
June 20th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I got it yesterday, the 50s Classic Vibe Tele, and ooooh baby! :dance

Sweet sounding guitar. I ran it through my Line 6 Spider Valve and some righteous tones came right at me.

This is the guitar deal of the century! I looked closely at it, and I couldn't see any flaws or shortcuts taken. Neck pocket is tight, no scratchy pots, etc. I just have change the strings to 10s, cause I can't play with 09s anymore.

If you think the Classic Vibe 50s Tele is a good deal you should take a look at the Classic Vibe Tele Custom. Alder body, double bound, and a set of killer Alnico Vs. Compared to the 50s with the A3s and pine body the Custom is a tone monster. I prefer the maple neck on the 50s though. My only complaint with the Custom is the postion dots on the side of the neck are very small and hard to see. I am not proficient enought to play without them. I am heading out to Maine in a couple of weeks and one of the "pinecasters" may find it's way into my SUV on the return trip.
I totally agree with you the 10s are a must on these. I have heard that teles are hard to get the intonation set, but mine is set dead on, even with the stock saddles. I tried out 20 teles from 250 to 1800 dollars and none played as nice as these do.

Robert
June 20th, 2010, 06:29 PM
I tried that Custom, but I found I didn't like its sound as much as the '50s Tele.

sumitomo
June 20th, 2010, 06:37 PM
I tried the custom also and thought the same,those A3's sound great to me!Sumi:D

Duffy
June 20th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Zman,

You can cut some small pieces of white tape and stick them on the tiny side marker dots to make them more visible, especially if you play in very dim light or at night, until you can hear where you are on the neck. They work real good and don't look that bad. Plus they are temporary.

I just got a new Fender Nashville tele. Honey Blonde, tex mex pups. Great guitar with an ash body. Sounds incredible. Not much more than a Mexican standard.

duhvoodooman
June 21st, 2010, 08:53 AM
I tried that Custom, but I found I didn't like its sound as much as the '50s Tele.
Same here. I played the 50's and the Custom side-by-side for a good half hour and just preferred the fuller, warmer tone of the 50's. And, believe me, I wanted to like the Custom better, because it's just a great looking guitar. Not that there was anything wrong with the Custom--it's just a brighter, twangier sounding guitar with the Alnico 5's. Louder, too. If you are looking for more of that country-style Tele spank, the Custom has it out the wazoo. But I found that the tone of the Alnico 3's in the 50's model was better suited to the classic rock and blues styles that I favor.

sirplayalot
February 25th, 2012, 04:01 PM
Welcome
I love my CV 60's strat!