PDA

View Full Version : Got my Fender Pro Junior

Robert
June 17th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Now this a sweet sounding blues machine. It's 15 watts, and definitely louder than my Marshall Class 5 (although not a whole lot louder).

It has a sweet chime to the clean tone, and it's a joy to play. It starts getting dirty after 12 o'clock, a sweet overdrive.

I think I will replace the tubes in it, because I had "frying incident" :thwap with it when I got it, and it's very possible the tubes took a beating of out that. I'll ask Eurotubes what they recommend.

N A D !!!!

Algonquin
June 17th, 2010, 07:43 AM
Congrats!
Letting the smoke out is easy... getting it back in is very difficult! :poke
Glad it worked out :AOK

FrankenFretter
June 17th, 2010, 12:44 PM
I get a little dirty after 12 O' Clock too, but only on weekends.

Seriously, a friend of mine has one of these, and I was really impressed with the tone, as well as the fact that it sounds big for an amph that size. A very nice amph indeed. Good choice, Robert!

tunghaichuan
June 17th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Robert,

Did the tech say what happened to it? I take it that it wasn't that difficult to fix?

:dance

duhvoodooman
June 17th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Did the tech say what happened to it?
He's not going to want to 'fess up publicly a 2nd time, Tung:

http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?p=176923&postcount=23

tunghaichuan
June 17th, 2010, 02:09 PM
He's not going to want to 'fess up publicly a 2nd time, Tung:

http://www.thefret.net/showpost.php?p=176923&postcount=23

Thanks, DVM. I didn't see that.

It could have been a lot worse. I'm glad everything worked out okay.

Robert
June 17th, 2010, 02:12 PM
It's all good. I don't want to talk about the reasons for its failures... dang right! So let's shut up about that and just enjoy the goodness of this little amph! :digit

I recorded a demo yesterday, but my micing situation brought crap results, so I redid it today with the camcorder's mic, and it sounds SOOO much better. I'll post the video on the tube tonight. It sounds great! :happy

duhvoodooman
June 17th, 2010, 02:17 PM
....so I redid it today with the camcorder's mic, and it sounds SOOO much better.
Ol' Tone2theBone is lookin' pretty smart about now, eh RR?

Can't wait to hear it! :rockya