PDA

View Full Version : Fender Pro Junior Demo

Robert
June 17th, 2010, 04:44 PM
Using my Canon HG-20 video camera with a DM-100 camera shot gun mic. Added a bit of reverb in my video editing software.

The camera microphone is set to Attenuator - ON, which means it can handle louder volumes without clipping. The drawback is that the volume of me speaking is a bit low.

Let me know how you like dem git touwns! :happy

olXZgqnCqPQ

Here's with the Squier Classic Vibe.
m9qB74sXa3A

marnold
June 17th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Sounds great! Could you possibly do a video on the best way to change tubes? :poke

duhvoodooman
June 18th, 2010, 06:16 AM
Sounds great! Could you possibly do a video on the best way to change tubes? :poke
And don't forget to wear one of these, if you do!

http://image.ec21.com/image/xinglun168/oimg_GC01673663_CA01919780/Fire-proof_and_Heat_Insulation_Suit.jpg

P.S. Sounds great!

M29
June 18th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Is Robert messin with tubes again? :running

Soundin good Robert, That camera mic is pretty good.

Tig
June 18th, 2010, 06:59 AM
Sounds very good. Nice tones out of that Pro Jr. I can't wait to hear the full vocal range of this amp. Then again, I don't need the additional GAS!

Tone2TheBone
June 18th, 2010, 09:32 AM
That sounds nice. I get a better feel for the low frequency response from your camera mic. I imagine that the 15 watts from that amph would sound about as loud as my 15 watts in the Blues Junior. I'd love to play through one and compare. Great vid Rob.

street music
June 21st, 2010, 05:42 PM
It Suhr Does Sound Good!

otaypanky
June 21st, 2010, 11:18 PM
You could make a planter out of the Marshall ?

I like this one :hungry

Robert
June 22nd, 2010, 07:28 AM
Thanks!
I still like the Marshall guys - you just gotta try one! I will try to make a better sounding demo of it, in another attempt to convince you! It IS cool! :D

Jimi75
June 22nd, 2010, 08:17 AM
Very nice sounding amp. The cleans have nice overtones and harmonics. I think it takes pedals very well. :applause

helliott
June 23rd, 2010, 04:53 PM
That's some sweet tone. How loud is the amp, as in, is that room volume or will the neighbours notice volume? Gotta like that little devil, and the playing is great of course.

Robert
June 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
It's quite loud, I think. Good for small gigs, although I haven't tried gigging with it yet. The neighbours will notice if you turn it up past 3.

Thanks!

MAXIFUNK
June 23rd, 2010, 05:25 PM
You could make a planter out of the Marshall ?

I like this one :hungry

+1 Like I said before when I tried it out it left no impression at all.

MAXIFUNK
June 23rd, 2010, 05:26 PM
As always Robert great playing!!

Monkus
June 25th, 2010, 09:46 AM
great playing Robert !! If all the amps sound good in your demos, which one will we get ??? (kidding) :rotflmao:

Robert
June 25th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Thank you! I think all my amps sound great. I might have too many now though... perhaps I will sell something.

I am not sure if this is a correct assumption, but in terms of my video demos, it seems to me that when I play slower, "tastier" stuff, with more dynamics and softer touch, I get more positive feedback than when I play rockier stuff with more attack. Am I on to something?

Tone2TheBone
June 25th, 2010, 03:36 PM
Just stick to the neck pickup then they'll all sound awesome. ;)

SemiHollow
October 13th, 2010, 06:43 PM
First off, great playing. There's nothing more frustrating than a video demo with a bad player and nothing more enjoyable then a demo with a good player.

That Naylor speaker sounds great. I have a Pro Jr with a Weber Alnico Sig 10S in it and I absolutely love the way it compresses when pushed. From what I thought, alnico speakers compress but ceramics don't. Now it's hard to tell from just an online video, but it sounds like there's a little compression going on. Is that the speaker? added effect? mic? that's doing it?

Robert
October 13th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Well, I don't know I can tell that much difference between alnico and ceramics, to be honest. I didn't add any effect, but you know it always sounds different viewing a youtube clip compared to real life.

otaypanky
October 13th, 2010, 10:41 PM
I just went back to NJ this past weekend for my 40th high school reunion. I hung out with my friend who back in high school days he and I were bandmates. These days he's in Artist Relations with Fender. He meets with all kinds of very famous people in the music business and often times is on location making sure they're all set up.
He told me that Jeff Beck plays concerts through a couple of specially mic'd
Pro Jrs !!!

Tig
October 14th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I just went back to NJ this past weekend for my 40th high school reunion. I hung out with my friend who back in high school days he and I were bandmates. These days he's in Artist Relations with Fender. He meets with all kinds of very famous people in the music business and often times is on location making sure they're all set up.
He told me that Jeff Beck plays concerts through a couple of specially mic'd
Pro Jrs !!!

Nice work if you can get it!

I was watching a live performance of Jeff Beck yesterday and noticed a few small Fender amps. I know he love Marshals, but the Fenders caught me off guard.
Proof:
http://www.gibson.com/Files/aaFeaturesImages2010/les-paul-tribute_25_Jeff_Beck_Co.jpg

Robert
October 14th, 2010, 10:41 AM
Yeah Jeff knows how to get good tone! I think he has been using Pro Jr's for a while now on the road. Wonder if they are modded in some way?

sumitomo
October 14th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Thanks!
I still like the Marshall guys - you just gotta try one! I will try to make a better sounding demo of it, in another attempt to convince you! It IS cool! :D
Were you meaning the Class 5 when you said this?Sumi:D

Robert
October 14th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Were you meaning the Class 5 when you said this?Sumi:D

Yep.