PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Gigs, 2 heavy contusions = mandatory break

Jimi75
June 21st, 2010, 06:59 AM
Ahhh folks, I have been playing about 6 gis over the past 10 days, full weekend through also. Everything went great except for the fact that I have a pretty heavy rip contusion on the left side - someone tackled me badly.

Hurts pretty bad and I have to make a mandatory break with sports and with the band, for at least two weeks. It happened accidentally and breathing is currently pretty difficult. Saw the doc this morning and he made an x-ray to exclude any breaks.

It s****! No guitar playing no sports :running.

Well, now I have enough time to watch the soccer world cup.

sunvalleylaw
June 21st, 2010, 07:18 AM
Ooh. Sorry about that. I hope it all heals well soon!

kiteman
June 21st, 2010, 07:26 AM
Sports and guitars does not mix. :)

Get well quickly.

sumitomo
June 21st, 2010, 07:27 AM
Ah Grasshopper must not burn candle at both ends,must take time to smell roses!Take her easy Jimi get some :zzz so your body heals.Sumi:D

Robert
June 21st, 2010, 07:30 AM
Sorry to hear, did someone tackle you on stage, like the Slash incident previously posted? :)

Jimi75
June 21st, 2010, 07:51 AM
Thank you my friends for your kind words.

@Rob:
It happened during sparring at the gym...our audience is peaceful until now *lol*

Tig
June 21st, 2010, 08:24 AM
Ah Grasshopper must not burn candle at both ends,must take time to smell roses!Take her easy Jimi get some :zzz so your body heals.Sumi:D

+1 on what Sumi said. :agree

I believe there are no accidents in life...
As in, there's a reason in every incident. Our job is to bend like a reed in the wind and learn from it, or gain something that would not have happened otherwise.

Meanwhile, get well!

Spudman
June 21st, 2010, 08:53 AM
Ya, what Tig said - get well...soon. Sorry to hear of your pain and I can totally relate.

Eric
June 21st, 2010, 09:44 AM
Sorry to hear that, but hopefully it heals soon. Being less than 100% is no fun.