PDA

View Full Version : My friends are insane

Brian Krashpad
June 23rd, 2010, 12:53 PM
And some of them have far too much time on their hands.

To wit:

http://www.gainesvillebands.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=30764&PN=1

Now, I know no one will believe me, but I had nothing to do with the above thread. It's on the local website gainesvillebands.com, part of a forum there started by another survivor of the Gainesville Rock Wars, an old acquaintance of mine who goes by "Danarachy."

Anyhow, Dan, who was the bouncer/doorman at our own local version of CBGB's, called the Hardback Cafe (RIP, 1990-2000), has taken it upon himself to document the history of the "Gainesville scene." The above thread is one of 2 semi-biographical ones he's done on a couple of us Gainesville old-timers still making music locally.

He's got a sort of stream-of-(semi)consciousness style that I can't help but find humorous.

bigoldron
June 23rd, 2010, 01:36 PM
Wow. The REAL "Life of Brian".... LOL:rollover :applause :rotflmao:

warren0728
June 23rd, 2010, 02:00 PM
ok....while i was reading the brian link the song "cops and punks" by crashpad came on....mind you i am shuffling over 1800 songs through itunes....crazy....

pes_laul
June 23rd, 2010, 02:18 PM
Thats awesome!! haha for the high school yearbook a bunch of girls I hardly knew who were in yearbook class made like a two page story on me and had a bunch of pictures I dont remember anyone taking. It was actually pretty cool though haha

Monkus
June 23rd, 2010, 11:29 PM
to quote Pes

a w e s o m e ! :dude

Jimi75
June 24th, 2010, 02:09 AM
WOW! After reading this I am still lacking the words to write a good comment here. Brian you are a jack-of-all-trades and all the forums I surf and read there's no forum member like you, really. :applause

Thanks for posting this, it was the highlight of my office morning!

Tig
June 24th, 2010, 04:09 PM
Friends are good.
Insane friends are great.
Insane friends who don't cause you to go to jail are the best!

That was good stuff. I'm glad we got to see it.

Spudman
June 24th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Nice promo material. Who is the old geezer in the leather jacket playing guitar?:dance

That's pretty nice that someone would to to all that effort to compile all that information. I guess that will screw up your witness protection status?

sunvalleylaw
June 24th, 2010, 10:23 PM
LOL! That is so great! And the dude is lawyer too!

Bloozcat
June 25th, 2010, 07:20 AM
LOL! That is so great! And the dude is lawyer too!

Yeah, but with so many other positive attributes, we'd be nitpicking to hold that against him...:poke

I think it would be fair to say that Brian does more than his share to make the Gainesville music scene pretty cool...:AOK

Bloozcat
June 25th, 2010, 07:47 AM
You know, this thread has got me thinking (and that can be dangerous).

I've got a great idea for a local show...

The scene:

A dimly lit semi-circular stage with musical equipment set all about. A familiar figure strides up to a microphone to the applause of the studio audience, his trusty '52 re-ssue Tele hanging around his neck and says into the mic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/BrianKrashpad/leathersJan212003BK.jpg
"Hi folks, welcome to Gainesville City Limits. I'm your host, Brian Krashpad. Our musical guests tonight are...."

First Gainesville, then national distribution. What? If it could happen in Austin, it could happen Gainesville...:rockya

Brian Krashpad
July 2nd, 2010, 11:20 AM
Wow. The REAL "Life of Brian".... LOL:rollover :applause :rotflmao:

Haha, well, I don't how "real" anything Dan writes is. He's a little on the crazy side, as in I think he's probably been "Baker Acted" (as we say in Florida) a couple times. But he's a good guy and cares more about our local scene than almost anyone I know.

Brian Krashpad
July 2nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
Thats awesome!! haha for the high school yearbook a bunch of girls I hardly knew who were in yearbook class made like a two page story on me and had a bunch of pictures I dont remember anyone taking. It was actually pretty cool though haha

You know what they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity!

(Of course, Mel Gibson might disagree.)

That'll be a cool thing to have a copy of as you get older.

Brian Krashpad
July 2nd, 2010, 11:27 AM
ok....while i was reading the brian link the song "cops and punks" by crashpad came on....mind you i am shuffling over 1800 songs through itunes....crazy....

Haha, karma man.

Or, it could be ghosts in your machine.