PDA

View Full Version : How to prevent a forum from dying?

Jimi75
June 25th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Hey folks,

a friend of mine is running a musical forum in Germany. Successwise no comparison to thefret, but in its way a place with nice folks. The forum was not running well. Quality of the threads is really good, but participation is ridiculous. 2 posts a day...maybe. The guy filtered inactive accounts and restructured the forum, plus he made the layout more attractive. Still, nothing really happens there although it could be a nice playce to talk music and more.

I told him he should advertise in some form. In magazines if it is for free, or in form of flyers or posters that could be distributed at rehearsal locations and concerts...

Do you guys have any ideas. It's sad to see this place dying and I feel for my friend who invested quite a bunch of time in this project.

Thanks in advance for your input....:thumbsup

Robert
June 25th, 2010, 07:57 AM
Make connections with guitar players. Ask them if they would like to join in and if they can find more forumites. It's a community thing.

Hey, I can add a link to the forum on dolphinstreet? I have lots of traffic there, and in case some Germans show up on my site.... well you never know.

Also, contests, giveaways, or perhaps a different focus can bring people. I have been tempted to start a M9/M13 only forum! But I don't have the time for that...