PDA

View Full Version : who has your favourite tone???

6STRINGS 9LIVES
November 24th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Who has your favourite tone..i've got lots of favs but i'll limit it to just 3
1..KEEF..... Richards is my all time favourite , killer classic tone , no mater what he was playing gibson/tweed tele/tweed ,gibson/ampeg he just nails that classic rock n roll vibe ,whatever he does sounds right,
2.David Gilmour ..... incredable dynamics and vintage fender meets english tube tone ... on your knees, the consumate string bender .
3. Joe Perry .. grunt, growl,and maybe the tastiest riffs since Keef.. always sounds great and distinctive..
6S9L

Robert
November 24th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Sonny Landreth
Scott Henderson
Jeff Beck
SRV
Allan Holdsworth
Jimi Hendrix (Band of Gypsys)
Keith Richards
Bill Frisell

In no particular order!

SuperSwede
November 25th, 2005, 02:50 AM
I´ll have to agree with you on Joe Perry, he is an amazing guitarist!
My second must be Pat Metheny, always great sound and full of wonderful musical ideas.
Third must be Mike Stern, really cool sounds out of that Telecaster.

Oh, lets not forget twangmaster Albert Lee! :)

Tone2TheBone
November 26th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Nothing like a great Joe Perry solo.

Strat sound - Stevie Ray - always

Les Paul - Me.

:)

Nelskie
November 27th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Tone. Hmmmm. Well, I'd agree with those that have already been listed, but how about these players:

1.) Billy G. Gibbons - Gibson LP tone so fat and tasty you'd think you were at a guitar BBQ.
2.) Jeff Beck - The dude's come up with so many killer tones, you'd think he'd made a deal with the devil. I'd have to believe that he has. His early Yardbirds tone, however, is the one that makes my hair stand on end.
3.) Mark Knopfler - Creamy & smooth, with just a little bit of bite - kinda' like a good cup of coffee.
4.) Peter Green - One of the best guitar tones you'll ever hear.
5.) Mike Bloomfield - If you're talkin' pure blues tone, look no further.

I listen to all of these guys on an almost weekly basis, and their tone always mesmerizes me. :)

Katastrophe
November 28th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Let's see:

1. Eric Johnson - huge tone with a Strat and an Echoplex.
2. Stevie Ray Vaughan - huge tone with a Strat and phone cables for strings.

There are others, more later!

Robert
November 28th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Let's see:
1. Eric Johnson - huge tone with a Strat and an Echoplex.

Eric has a good tone, but I assume you know he uses a whole lot of other gadgets than an Echoplex?

Katastrophe
November 28th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Yessir, you are very correct. I saw him live once in Austin... his sound live is the same as it is in the studio... Simply amazing!