PDA

View Full Version : Now This Is Funky!!!!!

MAXIFUNK
June 28th, 2010, 02:50 PM
ONE of my all time favorite songs!

XJ51jPrQyPs&feature=related

Spudman
June 28th, 2010, 09:59 PM
That was good. I've never heard this song or the band. Thanks.

otaypanky
June 28th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Your username says it all ~ LOL
I luvs da funk. The 70's were great years for music and dancing. I liked Dazz, EW&F, Ohio Players, James Brown, AWB, Tower of Power, Parliament, KC, all that good stuff ~
A friend of mine who's an incredible drummer lives around here and plays in a band with some other friends of mine. I was lucky enough to have him help me out with a few drum lessons as I'm trying to learn. In his day he played with Sam and Dave, James Brown, KC and the Sunshine Band and a few other big ones I forget at the moment. He's about 69 now I think, but he's one of the tightest and funkiest mo fo's I have ever heard, still giggin' several times a week and dating a chick that looks like she's in her 30's. I wish us all such a good future :thumbsup

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/otaypanky/0611102307a-1.jpg

MAXIFUNK
June 29th, 2010, 03:14 PM
That was good. I've never heard this song or the band. Thanks.

Yeah Slave 1st hit was in 1976 with the funk rock Classic "SLIDE"!
Half of the band was still in high school during those early years.
Mark Adams the bass player has a huge following among funk/R&B/ bass players.
Graham & Louis Johnson got most of the press but Mark Adams body of work is just as solid if not more in some folks eyes.

MAXIFUNK
June 29th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Your username says it all ~ LOL
I luvs da funk. The 70's were great years for music and dancing. I liked Dazz, EW&F, Ohio Players, James Brown, AWB, Tower of Power, Parliament, KC, all that good stuff ~
A friend of mine who's an incredible drummer lives around here and plays in a band with some other friends of mine. I was lucky enough to have him help me out with a few drum lessons as I'm trying to learn. In his day he played with Sam and Dave, James Brown, KC and the Sunshine Band and a few other big ones I forget at the moment. He's about 69 now I think, but he's one of the tightest and funkiest mo fo's I have ever heard, still giggin' several times a week and dating a chick that looks like she's in her 30's. I wish us all such a good future :thumbsup

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w49/otaypanky/0611102307a-1.jpg

That is too cool would love to hear him play and get the stories from back in the day.

LeadedEL84
July 1st, 2010, 02:16 AM
Imagine what could have been if Hendrix had lived to see the rest of the seventies. His song writing at the end of his life(not all but alot) was very much ahead of the curve and sounded similar to where alot of funk bands went later in the seventies. He would have created some real tripped out funk and brought some serious guitar talent and soul to it.

NWBasser
July 1st, 2010, 09:55 PM
Holy smokes, I love that groovin bass!!!:dance

Thank you so much for sharing this one Maxi!

I hadn't heard of these guys until now.

I love the funk and this one's a definite winner.

And the drummer....such a solid and deep groove!:happy

MAXIFUNK
July 22nd, 2010, 01:05 AM
Holy smokes, I love that groovin bass!!!:dance

Thank you so much for sharing this one Maxi!

I hadn't heard of these guys until now.

I love the funk and this one's a definite winner.

And the drummer....such a solid and deep groove!:happy

Yeah SLAVE never really crossed over but to the funk heads they are held in very high regard. They made some the funkyest riffs/jams/groves ever!!!