PDA

View Full Version : I found Spudman's new drummer . . .

sunvalleylaw
June 29th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Check this guy out. He needs a guitarist like Spud, who can keep up with his rockerishness!!!!

ItZyaOlrb7E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E :dance :rar :beavisnbutthead:

Oh, and Spud, you are going to have to get a gold coat too. :poke

Spudman
June 29th, 2010, 10:30 PM
I don't like the way he dresses.

But thanks anyway.:french

sunvalleylaw
June 29th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Too much high hat ringing too long for my toast anyway, but I like the stage presence . . .

FusedGrooves
June 29th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Gold!

markb
June 30th, 2010, 12:04 AM
I'm reminded simultaneously of (in no particular order) any character played by John Belushi, Keith Moon, Animal out of the Muppets and Country Dick Montana. Chuck them in the machine from The Fly and you'd get this bloke.

Eric
June 30th, 2010, 04:11 AM
Something like 5 threads were started based on this video over at TGP. I guess only having two threads (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=15340) with it isn't too bad by comparison, huh?

I actually think the drummer is pretty great -- I didn't hear him miss anything. The singer makes ZZ Top sound like smooth jazz, however.

Bloozcat
June 30th, 2010, 07:57 AM
The guy introducing the band sounded like he was speaking at an Amway convention or something...:rolleyes:

Jimi75
June 30th, 2010, 11:22 AM
WOW! That's like Bonham and Clapton in one band, he?

:dance

MAXIFUNK
June 30th, 2010, 12:39 PM
Well now we know what the Luther Vandross Estate did with all of his gold sequence jackets! LOL

markb
June 30th, 2010, 01:35 PM
The guy introducing the band sounded like he was speaking at an Amway convention or something...:rolleyes:

My feeling too.

And as for those bloody call centre microphones... It's rock n roll not air traffic control, guys :thwap

Eric
June 30th, 2010, 01:45 PM
And as for those bloody call centre microphones... It's rock n roll not air traffic control, guys :thwap
I can't quite figure out if I agree with this or not. Wasn't micing up a drum kit or having anything go to PA considered non rock n roll at some point? We use all of this technology, but sometimes some of it is out of bounds because it's so...non-rock (e.g. DI boxes, headsets, etc.).

And I know what you're saying and I agree with it for the most part, but...I just can't figure out which side of my brain wins.

Tig
June 30th, 2010, 01:59 PM
I'm reminded simultaneously of (in no particular order) any character played by John Belushi, Keith Moon, Animal out of the Muppets and Country Dick Montana. Chuck them in the machine from The Fly and you'd get this bloke.

I saw more of a younger Gary Busey - Animal (Muppets) mix myself. :rollover

Words cannot describe the feelings I have about this band and performance.
:whatever: :cry:

sumitomo
June 30th, 2010, 03:14 PM
I still say that's Joe Cocker's son,But what would be great is if he played the drums with a staight jacket that wasn't tied(allowing the arms to move)Sumi:D

bigoldron
June 30th, 2010, 06:32 PM
OMG! Two thoughts come to mind: 1) He's gonna hurt himself if he's not careful. and 2) Geez, he must be exhausted if he plays like that all night.

Does anybody thing this guy might be a LITTLE bored????

sunvalleylaw
June 30th, 2010, 10:41 PM
Ok this was entertaining me, and I had to find more. LOL! They are actually pretty entertaining if you can get past the Amway convention thing.

lxebUpRgdKc&feature=related

Here he goes again:
nbFctpEz2M4&feature=related

mainestratman
July 2nd, 2010, 03:35 AM
I can't quite figure out if I agree with this or not. Wasn't micing up a drum kit or having anything go to PA considered non rock n roll at some point? We use all of this technology, but sometimes some of it is out of bounds because it's so...non-rock (e.g. DI boxes, headsets, etc.).

And I know what you're saying and I agree with it for the most part, but...I just can't figure out which side of my brain wins.

My drummer uses one for his backup vox. We tried and tried to outfit him with a more "traditional" mic, but that wasn't happening, so he begrudgingly agreed to use his headset mic.

The reason he didn't want to use it, of course, is because I'll look at him during random points in practice (and maybe other times, like.. umm.. gigs.. lol) and start singing "Ooops I did it again..."
:poke

Eric
July 2nd, 2010, 04:19 AM
The reason he didn't want to use it, of course, is because I'll look at him during random points in practice (and maybe other times, like.. umm.. gigs.. lol) and start singing "Ooops I did it again..."
:poke
HA. Yeah, I think that would be enough to motivate me never to use one.