PDA

View Full Version : The last guitar I will ever buy

progrmr
July 1st, 2010, 06:18 PM
Epiphone DOT. This guitar sounds just like the smooth jazz CD I'm learning songs from! Perfect condition, with a hardshell case and crappy amp (line 6 15W) for $325! Now that is a stone-cold gonga deal!

pics:

http://www.daverancour.com/epidot/epidot1.jpg

http://www.daverancour.com/epidot/epidot2.jpg

Between this and my Artcore, I have 2 outstanding guitars. And am in a very good place with my gear :)

Katastrophe
July 1st, 2010, 06:26 PM
Wow, progrmr, that's a sweet lookin' Dot!

Let's see:

Jackson - metal and rock - check
Artcore - Jazz - check
Dot - Jazz & blues - check

Sounds to me like you've got a ton of tonal variety!

I wouldn't say that this is the last guitar you ever buy. Lord help you if you get bitten by the Tele, Les Paul, or Gretsch bugs. They don't let go easily!

Eric
July 1st, 2010, 06:48 PM
Nice. You've been a busy man lately, but I do echo Kat's sentiments -- there's no way that's the last axe you buy!

markb
July 1st, 2010, 06:52 PM
And it's a Dot Deluxe too. Flamed veneer and gold hardware is what makes it a Deluxe.

Last guitar? :rollover :rollover :rollover

Tig
July 1st, 2010, 06:55 PM
Dang, she sure is purty!

Last guitar my a#%!:rotflmao:

progrmr
July 1st, 2010, 08:32 PM
comon guys! It could happen!! But I know what you're saying...I guess I should give it a few weeks. If I grow cold on things, it usually happens that way.

Also I had to sacrifice the Jackson to the fender blues junior I bought last night. Returned it after 2 weeks...I played the heck out of it the first I bought, then it literally sat for 2 weeks after I got my Ibanez. I had to have the better amp and didn't have the cash, so I returned the Jackson and bought the junior. It was a tough choice.

I'll tell you this - the Ibanez feels like a toy compared to the DOT...I played the dot for about an hour then moved to the couch and the Ibanez..it was shocking how noticeable the difference is. The neck on the Ibanez just doesn't come close to the DOT. Before I got the DOT it was like a treasure, but now - it's really the backup/couch guitar.

M29
July 1st, 2010, 09:11 PM
:rockya :thumbsup That is one sweet gitar.

Zip
July 1st, 2010, 10:56 PM
I bought my last guitar years ago.

I've bought a lot of last guitars since then. :)

That's a really nice Epi, beautiful top. One day you'll play a friend's Gibson 335 and think "I wonder how I can pay for this...." Or that grandma will want to sell her late husbands' gold Gibson guitar "It's old, but it has the case so it should be worth $100" ;) Or you'll want another guitar that you can just leave in open G. There's lots of reasons for yet another guitar, and every one is a valid reason. GAS never sleeps, as they say. :dude

Spudman
July 1st, 2010, 11:02 PM
I bought my last guitar years ago.

I've bought a lot of last guitars since then. :)

Exactly! However, you now have a very nice guitar. Congrats. :beer:

Thanks for the new signature Zip. :thumbsup

Brian Krashpad
July 2nd, 2010, 06:13 AM
Jamais ne dit jamais!

But congrats!

progrmr
July 2nd, 2010, 06:55 AM
Jamais ne dit jamais!

But congrats!

Lol! I guess I should listen to that. It is nice to feel like I have guitars that I really don't want to part with at home though...even when I played bass, I went through bass after bass...never did find the one suited me 100%.

My Artcore and DOT though - they are making me feel warm and fuzzy inside :)

I could see falling for a true ES-335...but it would have to be from someone that had no idea what they had. Although I think I saw some a GC the other day for $2200...I could swing that after a couple of years :)

gregsguitars
July 2nd, 2010, 07:12 AM
I am always buying my last guitar. then the next one and the next one and.....

sumitomo
July 2nd, 2010, 07:20 AM
I just bought my last guitar last week!!!! She's a beauty and I can't wait to she the next one!!!! Congrats Sumi:D

MAXIFUNK
July 2nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
NICE AXE!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause

LAST GUITAR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :poke are you SURE? LOL

riverrick
July 2nd, 2010, 01:26 PM
Sweet looking dot....last guitar huh? Good luck with that one!!!