PDA

View Full Version : I Met FrankenFretter Today

Heywood Jablomie
July 2nd, 2010, 04:39 PM
Earlier this week he offered me some spare Strat stuff he had for me to use in my newly-acquired Squier Affinity - A nice loaded 3-ply white pearl PG, and another set of pickups, as well. We met today for lunch, and had a great time - plenty to talk about, guitars and life. FF even insisted on picking up the check! We plan to jam some time in the not-too-distant future, so I'm looking forward to that. Thanks for the stuff, FF - looking forward to seeing that pretty PG on the Strat!!!! Next time I get the check.

Ron

Eric
July 2nd, 2010, 06:10 PM
Cool! Take any pictures to document the occasion?

Heywood Jablomie
July 2nd, 2010, 07:07 PM
Cool! Take any pictures to document the occasion?FF had the waiter snap a pic of us. Hopefully, he'll post it soon

FrankenFretter
July 2nd, 2010, 08:32 PM
It was great to meet you, Heywood! I could've stayed and talked for much longer if I hadn't had so many dang errands to run. Next time we get together, hopefully we'll have more time to talk and drink beer (not necessarily in that order...)

Heywood is a great guy, and has a sense of humor that's compatible with mine. We both moved to Oregon to be with the women we love, so we have more than just guitars in common.

I'll post the photos as soon as the kid gets off the desktop computer. I was just going to post them in the "Weekend Thread", but I guess I'll just post them here, since Heywood was on the ball enough to get this thread up so quickly.

Looking forward to getting together for a jam, Heywood!

Tig
July 2nd, 2010, 08:58 PM
FF had the waiter snap a pic of us. Hopefully, he'll post it soon

Wow, I just happen to have a pic of FrankenFretter by pure coincidence!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5xHhfW50Z_s/SjLZp6RA3lI/AAAAAAAABpM/DsvJuX5lf4o/s320/frankenstein+guitar+framed+with+blogger+logo.jpg
:poke :D

FrankenFretter
July 2nd, 2010, 09:03 PM
Wow, I just happen to have a pic of FrankenFretter by pure coincidence!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_5xHhfW50Z_s/SjLZp6RA3lI/AAAAAAAABpM/DsvJuX5lf4o/s320/frankenstein+guitar+framed+with+blogger+logo.jpg
:poke :D

Wow, Doug...that's a perfect likeness! Can I use that for my avatar?

FrankenFretter
July 2nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
Here it is, the photo of our meeting. I have one that's more of a close up, but I realized I had something between my teeth. Beer, perhaps.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_NPlyZiLy0Pw/TC6na4VF3PI/AAAAAAAAAhw/2RqQHzRem2Y/s400/100_2039.JPG

Tig
July 2nd, 2010, 09:06 PM
Wow, Doug...that's a perfect likeness! Can I use that for my avatar?

I stole it from a blog, so you have my permission! :agree

marnold
July 2nd, 2010, 10:10 PM
Here it is, the photo of our meeting. I have one that's more of a close up, but I realized I had something between my teeth. Beer, perhaps.
OK, who is who?

FrankenFretter
July 2nd, 2010, 10:57 PM
OK, who is who?

Heywood is the handsome devil on the left, and I'm the brutish thug on the right with the Agile shirt.