PDA

View Full Version : Trying out my SX acoustic and Tele

Robert
October 12th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Did a quick and short improvised song this evening. I started out just playing some chords on the acoustic, then I felt I need to swing the tele, so there you go.

2 tracks acoustic, 1 track tele rhytm and 1 tele lead. I went straight into the recording unit with the acoustic, and with the Tele I went through bad monkey and then into the recording unit. All line in, in other words. I added a bit of compression and reverb on each track. I think I shoulda turned up the lead guitar in the mix? :o

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/download/honey-brown.mp3

M29
October 12th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Sounds good Robert very nice indeed!!
Love the tone on the Tele.
M29

Spudman
October 13th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Hey that sounded really good for amplification bypass. The acoustic has a pre-amp with tone controls I'm guessing? Sounds like you were able to pull a lot of mids out to get that jangly sound.

tot_Ou_tard
October 13th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Very nice Robert & yes pump up the lead a bit.

Robert
October 13th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Thanks friends. The acoustic has tone controls, but I set them all flat. The SX is a decent acoustic indeed for $159!

SuperSwede
October 15th, 2006, 06:46 AM
Thats a mighty fine Tele tone you have on the lead part Robert! Nashville suddenly seemed to be very close to Camrose, Alberta :)

Justaguyin_nc
October 15th, 2006, 07:01 AM
The SX is a decent acoustic indeed for $159!

Robert, you could make a cigar box sound good!! Nice sound.. nice playing.. as usual, an excellent example of what a real player can do with low priced guitars... :DR

Robert
October 15th, 2006, 08:36 AM
You are too kind! It's cool it's possible to get a decent lead tone by just using a Bad Monkey straight into the computer! I tell ya, those Virtual Vintage DiMarzio pups are fantastic. Now I am interested in trying the Area 58s for one of my Squiers.

Tinky-Winky
October 22nd, 2006, 11:19 AM
I didn't expect anything less from the..um..telemaster. Yup, I've got to agree with SS, I really liked that tele tone.

jpfeifer
October 22nd, 2006, 02:38 PM
Great sounds Robert. I like the sounds of all the guitars on the track.
Nice playing as always!

-- Jim