PDA

View Full Version : Boss RC-2 use with AMP effects

jelane
July 7th, 2010, 02:50 AM
Hi - I am just getting to grips with the RC-2, and have just about got the basics sussed. However, am I missing something as I don't see how to use different built - in amp effects (Line6 Spider) on top of previous overdubs.

If I record a phrase with a clean sound, and then change the amp setting to a distorted sound, my previously recorded phrases and the drum guide play back with the new amp setting.

As an example, I have the basic chords and bass line of Weather with You (Crowded House) laid down clean, and I want to put some distorted power chords or echo-ey melody stuff over the top of that. How ?

Eric
July 7th, 2010, 04:06 AM
Does your amp have an effects loop? I think you'd have to put the looper in there to be able to have different effects on the various phrases.

hubberjub
July 7th, 2010, 07:10 AM
Unfortunately I don't think there's any way around that on the Spider.

DeanEVO_Dude
July 7th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Hi - I am just getting to grips with the RC-2, and have just about got the basics sussed. However, am I missing something as I don't see how to use different built - in amp effects (Line6 Spider) on top of previous overdubs.

If I record a phrase with a clean sound, and then change the amp setting to a distorted sound, my previously recorded phrases and the drum guide play back with the new amp setting.

As an example, I have the basic chords and bass line of Weather with You (Crowded House) laid down clean, and I want to put some distorted power chords or echo-ey melody stuff over the top of that. How ?

There are only two ways to do what you want is with stomp-boxes or multi-effects boxes, or two amps and an amp-switcher. No other way around it.

With the two amp solution, you can feed the guitar into the amp-switch, with the output going to one amp, and the other going into the looper, then to the other amp. Short of actually recording the track (not practical for a live situation) I don't see any other way to do it.

jelane
July 7th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Guys - thanks for your clarification. At least now I know !. Jules