PDA

View Full Version : Prince says playing electric guitar keeps him from going bald

Robert
July 7th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Check it out - it's a really interesting article. The reporter got the jam with Prince! Prince's new album will be released free in the UK only in the Daily Mirror this Saturday. Somebody buy me a newspaper from there, for crying out loud!

Read article: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/07/05/prince-world-exclusive-interview-peter-willis-goes-inside-the-star-s-secret-world-115875-22382552/

Regarding the baldness issue - well I guess I just didn't play enough guitar then! :thwap

“Playing electric guitar your whole life does something to you,” he said in an interview with British newspaper The Daily Mirror. “I’m convinced all that electricity racing through my body made me keep my hair.”
- Prince

Spudman
July 7th, 2010, 02:22 PM
I'll bet it's really the money he gets from playing guitar that keeps him in hair restoration.

progrmr
July 7th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Someone would have to pay ME to take his CD home lol. dude is really strange.

Robert
July 7th, 2010, 02:48 PM
He is strange no doubt, but he is a musical genius. I'm getting that CD somehow... we have some UK fretters here - care to buy me the tabloid on Saturday? :D

markb
July 7th, 2010, 03:44 PM
It's been some years since I stopped taking what Prince says seriously. Great musician, Sign o the Times holds up really well today.

sumitomo
July 7th, 2010, 04:49 PM
I think it's the chicks he's with,makes his hair stand on end!!! lol Sumi:D

Robert
July 7th, 2010, 04:54 PM
sumi, you are right of course!

Plus the fact that he didn't have to work on those fishing boats! :poke

poodlesrule
July 7th, 2010, 06:26 PM
I think it's the chicks he's with,makes his hair stand on end!!! lol Sumi:D

+1

otaypanky
July 7th, 2010, 06:40 PM
He's a funky mo' fo'
Weird, but totally funky

Eric
July 7th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Even though Prince is from my hometown, I'm not that familiar with his catalogue. What's a good album with which to start?

Robert
July 7th, 2010, 06:52 PM
Sign O' The Times
Purple Rain
Diamonds and Pearls

Katastrophe
July 7th, 2010, 07:59 PM
^ Start with those!

I've been playing guitar for over half my life now, and am balding at an alarming rate.

Myth busted!

Tone2TheBone
July 7th, 2010, 09:59 PM
He's a funky mo' fo'
Weird, but totally funky

Woah spooky you took the words right out of my mouth I said the very same thing out loud earlier today.

R_of_G
July 8th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Guess nobody bothered to tell Jonn Scofield...

http://www.drummerworld.com/pics/drum/dpa1/John%20Scofield.jpg

Prince is the man though, so while he may be a bit loony with some of the things he says, I will continue listening to his music because so much of it is awesome.

In fact, how about a little right now. I am assuming Robert has seen/heard this before being the fan of both Prince and Miles that he is.

Funk fans, buckle up because Prince and his band know the meaning of "on the one" and the difference between "funky" and "the Funk."

pi4gH_YS9a0

ps. If you enjoyed that, get your hands on the full audio from that night (New Year's Eve 1987) because in addition to Miles' appearance, Prince put the band through a massive classic funk medley (including a downright nasty version of JB's "Cold Sweat.")

MAXIFUNK
July 8th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Well the purple one was my 2nd security gig oh so so so so many years ago.
His list of great records/songs start from his 1st album on.
Personality wise he is not as weird as he plays for the cameras and media.

Perfectionist par none but his loyalty comes and goes on a whim so working for him is never a condition you can count on long term anymore it was not always this way though.

Songs you might want to check out from his cult following days in the R&B world.

From For You: I'm yours, Crazy You, Just As Long As We're Together
From Prince: Bambi, Why you wanna treat me so bad, sexy dancer
From Dirty Mind: Head, When you where mine, Sister, party up
From Controversy: Private joy, Ronnie talk to Russia, Jack U off, Annie Christian, Lets work,

1999 was the next album thus he began his cross over point and most of that music has been well documented.

These songs stick out off the top of my head after the cross over point. Electric chair, Anna Stesia, Bob George just to name a few.

Robert
July 8th, 2010, 02:00 PM
If you like funk, check out Prince's version of "Release It (The Time) from Graffiti Bridge. I think it's the funkiest tune I've ever heard. The groove and rhythmic variations in vocals and instruments in this tune is just insanely good. Something worth studying closely! The original by The Time isn't bad either... but Prince does it best.

kiteman
July 8th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Check this out and where did the telecaster go ??

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5990324021460950823#

Robert
July 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM
The Lord above took it?