PDA

View Full Version : More Vintage Modified Modifications

t_ross33
July 8th, 2010, 11:27 PM
My Modified Vintage Modified Squier Tele is almost unrecognizable now :thwap Just got a sweet deal on a Warmoth Vintage Modern (http://www.warmoth.com/Guitar/necks/tele_vintagemodern.aspx) maple neck complete with Kluson-style vintage tuners... gotta say this is a pretty sweet upgrade. Will take a bit of getting used to going from a thin 9.5 rad neck to a slightly wider neck and compound radius fretboard (10.5 to 16)... but I'm willing to put in the time :thumbsup

oldguy
July 9th, 2010, 03:53 AM
Sounds cool, Trev! Maybe you can post a "before and after" shot when you're done.

Eric
July 9th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Nice. Yeah, I'd be interested in some before/after shots too.

t_ross33
July 9th, 2010, 07:40 AM
Problem 1: my daughter ran our digital camera through the wash (left it in a pocket) and now it doesn't work.... go figure :thwap

Problem 2: neck is already installed :dance

I guess I have a few "before" shots already... I'll figure out something and post an "after". The necks are very similar in appearance though. Biggest change is the feel, and the fact that I can get a nice low action without any fret-buzz.
:thumbsup

duhvoodooman
July 9th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Problem 1: my daughter ran our digital camera through the wash (left it in a pocket) and now it doesn't work.... go figure :thwap

Yeah, those washing machines are just hell on digital cameras.

While tragic, this still doesn't exempt you from the declaration that....
:worthless