PDA

View Full Version : Allen Encore kit build

otaypanky
July 9th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I finally got my Encore kit build up and running 2 weeks ago.
Here's what it sounds like ~

dcB0QlzHwTo

oldguy
July 10th, 2010, 05:12 AM
AWESOME!!!

Great demo of the amph, great playing. Thank you for posting that, I was really digging the sounds you get from that combo!:thumbsup

Arby seemed to dig it, too. (Hope I spelled his name right.)

otaypanky
July 10th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Thanks Oldguy. My recording skills are not so great, but I'm trying to learn. In listening back to that clip I really don't come close to capturing what that amp sounds like at the higher volume settings. As I'm still learning the amp, I was also pretty far off when I tried to show how you can turn it all down and still get a higher gain kind of sound for late night practice. It can be adjusted to sound much better than the way it sounded in the clip.

M29
July 10th, 2010, 11:56 AM
What a treat! Nice guitar, nice chops and the amp is very versatile, it does everything very well. Congrats!.
I don't remember at the moment what speaker/speakers you are using, what would that be?

Again Congrats:thumbsup

otaypanky
July 10th, 2010, 12:15 PM
2X10" Eminence Copperheads

M29
July 10th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Thanks. Nice sound!

oldguy
July 11th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Thanks Oldguy. My recording skills are not so great, but I'm trying to learn. In listening back to that clip I really don't come close to capturing what that amp sounds like at the higher volume settings. As I'm still learning the amp, I was also pretty far off when I tried to show how you can turn it all down and still get a higher gain kind of sound for late night practice. It can be adjusted to sound much better than the way it sounded in the clip.

I would have to say you've got a keeper in that one. If it can sound better than on that vid, it's sweeeeeet. And it should last you forever. Knowing you built it is a bonus. Congrats!

Tone2TheBone
July 12th, 2010, 08:57 AM
That is a sweet tone OP. Congrats on a great build!

Tig
July 12th, 2010, 09:10 AM
What can I add to what's already been said? That is a very nice amp, full of sweet tonal range. You weren't kidding about the lush tremolo! That sound takes me back to why I love guitars.

As usual, your playing brought out the best in the Kirn and amp.

sumitomo
July 12th, 2010, 09:32 AM
DUDE!!! Man that sounds awesome!!!Those 10's make it punchy!!and that vibe from your playin,man you get it from your heart to your hands.Sumi:D

duhvoodooman
July 12th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Beautiful sounding amp there, Bob! Classic tones. A nice guitar and a skilled player don't hurt none, neither! ENJOY IT!! :rockya

Bloozcat
July 12th, 2010, 01:15 PM
You make that guitar and amp sound like they should, Bob. Vintage tone, nice touch, great playing. I enjoyed listening...:thumbsup

Tig
July 12th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I revisited the video on Youtube itself, and it sounds even better the second time!

I noticed you are friends with Noitpure (http://www.youtube.com/user/Noitpure). That would be cool to have her here at The Fret. She plays really well in her videos and has an incredible gear collection that would cause intense GAS!

otaypanky
July 12th, 2010, 03:50 PM
She messaged me today on YouTube. I'll pass on your suggestion Doug ~

oldguy
July 12th, 2010, 05:25 PM
She messaged me today on YouTube. I'll pass on your suggestion Doug ~

I invited her some time back, and whether she comes over here or not, I'd encourage anyone to listen/watch some of her videos. She is a great picker, and has some awesome equipment.

otaypanky
July 12th, 2010, 05:50 PM
She's a comin' :dance

Robert
July 12th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Great sound and playing! :)

helliott
July 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Very inspired sounds and playing. That amp is a real soulmate.

Monkus
July 14th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Awesome review, now to get someone to build me the amp...

But really really nice playing, i was glued to the youtube. :thankyou