PDA

View Full Version : Just got here

Fingerhurting
July 10th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Boo:thumbsup
Hello to one and all.Right i am so new it's untrue,As in i only got my guitar 2 days a go,Its a now dont laff please its all i could afford
Encore Les Paul Style got it from one of them online shops lol you know the one:thwap
So to cut it short, I am 46 years young And always wanted to play a Guitar.
2 years back had an op on my left hand,Doc told me time to get the hand working gain.So here i am.
Will be looking in and asking all kinds of questions and just hoping someone out there will help.
Thanks for your help in advance
Peacehttp://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/thum_115844c38d4dabb138.jpg (http://www.thefret.net/vbimghost.php?do=displayimg&imgid=1683)

FrankenFretter
July 10th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Welcome aboard! I'm 45 and just picked up the guitar again a few years ago after a 15 year (or so) hiatus. This is a great place for advice, debate and all around entertainment. Thanks for joining us!

Fingerhurting
July 10th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Pleased to meet you Frank hope to see and chat with you a long the way.
:dude

t_ross33
July 10th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Slainte! Welcome... lots of good folks here from raw beginners to seasoned pros (I fall somewhere in the middle)... great discussions, great support and an all 'round nice place to hang out and talk about our shared passion :R

DeanEVO_Dude
July 10th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Welcome to The Fret!

44 years young here, so you are not alone in that age group! Lost of friendly people to answer any and all questions you may have.

Cheers!

sunvalleylaw
July 10th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Welcome Fingerhurting. I started basically in my 40's too. Lots of good company and info for you here.

bcdon
July 10th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Another 40's newbie player here, so welcome aboard! The great part about playing guitar is that it doesn't matter how long you have been playing but rather how much you play. The guitar will reward you if you commit yourself to her... like the fairer sex, she is fun, sexy, and frustrating at times...but always worth the effort! :dude

Tig
July 10th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Welcome to The Fret! You found a good place for support. Dig around the threads, and also use the search function and you'll learn quite a bit.
Here's a good thread to get you going:
http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=11248

I'm a much better student in my 40's than a few decades ago, and I'm sure you'll advance quickly as well. There are plenty of free and paid online learning videos, and I also like to play along with backing tracks.

Robert
July 11th, 2010, 02:41 AM
Welcome! We are all students I think.

oldguy
July 11th, 2010, 06:03 AM
Welcome! 55yrs and counting here. Lots of folks here who will help you out, both learning guitar and acquiring more of them...... heh, heh, heh.:R :drool: :messedup: :rollover

player
July 11th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Welcome! 55yrs and counting here. Lots of folks here who will help you out, both learning guitar and acquiring more of them...... heh, heh, heh.:R :drool: :messedup: :rolloverWelcome Fingerhurting,have couple years on this young man but can still kick out some tunes.been playing since age 11,Not non stop Life happens but have never even entertained the idea of quitting.too much to Still learn.it's a never ending journey and always good

Commodore 64
July 12th, 2010, 07:06 AM
I'm 35 and started about 10 months ago.

Also, how'd you take that picture 3 months into the future? :P

Eric
July 12th, 2010, 08:39 AM
I know you were joking, but I think they swap the month and day across the pond as compared to the North-American date convention.

I might be wrong -- feel free to correct me.

GuitarAcademy
July 12th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Welcome, I'm 41 and new here also.

GA

Fingerhurting
July 12th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I'm 35 and started about 10 months ago.

May be i need to change my date on camera
for got to do it durr i am lol

Tig
July 12th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Kinda interesting to see so many guys in or near their 40's taking up guitar.

Mrs. Tig says she doesn't mind, since it's better than me chasing ho's around!

riverrick
July 12th, 2010, 08:57 PM
Welcome aboard....lots of good people here to help you out. They have sure answered alot of my questions.

exSP5Wintergreen
July 13th, 2010, 05:47 AM
Lotsa youngsters taking up guitar these days! I'm 59 and started about two months ago. A lot of friendly people here willing to help.

Monkus
July 13th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Welcome !!!