PDA

View Full Version : VOX AD50VT - All I can say is WOW! (Thanks Robert!)

tremoloman
November 25th, 2005, 06:44 PM
First off, I need to thank Robert for his gleaming review of the AD series. I had heard how great he sounded playing through one, so I decided to go to Guitar Center to give one a try.

I brought by Schecter Hellcat VI in the event of a trade. After plugging into one, I knew right away I had fallen in love with the VOX right off. Goodbye baritone, hello Vox! :)

I'm amazed how many different sound combinations you can get out of this amp! It's not as clean as my Peabey Classic 50, but then again I'm comparing a $369 and to a $900 model. This amp is a bargain, hands down!

I've read of some people complaining about reliability, so I'll have to take a backup to gigs until I build up a trust with it.

Thanks Robert!
You've converted another musician! :)

Best regards,
Tremoloman

Robert
November 25th, 2005, 06:53 PM
So you bought one then? Glad you like it! I continue to be impressed by mine - the versatility is incredible. You are now one of us VOX ADxxVT addicts!

tremoloman
November 26th, 2005, 11:57 AM
Exactly!

Guitar Center has a "FSR Hot Rod" limited edition model in Graffiti Yellow w/matching headstock, S/S/HB combination. Man was it a sweet guitar!

I'm looking for a used 25.5" scale Jagmaster that I want to modify. I figure it will be much cheaper to do this than to try building one from scratch. :)

Have a great day!
I'm an ADDer with Vox fever! :)

Tone2TheBone
November 26th, 2005, 11:41 PM
I think Vox has since fixed the problems with the Valvetronix amps. I haven't had anything happen with mine and I love the *&%# out of it. :)

MagicBaller21
November 27th, 2005, 12:06 AM
I must admit, they are fantastic. I think Vox should pay Robert about 5% for each amp sold. :p I dont even know what kind of amp i would've bought if i hadn't seen his website. i DID have one problem, i didnt ever figure out what it was; but when i turned up the volume, it started buzzing like something was loose and jingling around in it. Luckily, Guitar Center was really cool about giving me a completely new amp! probably.... no, definately the best amp ive tried! make sure if you have any problems, have them occur within the 1 year warranty! :D

Robert
January 2nd, 2006, 12:06 AM
I've played my AD50VT now twice at country gigs. It's works incredibly well - I get very nice country tones on the AC30 or Tweed 4x10 setting, and then I use the Bad Mo' for leads. I had my tube amp along for backup, but the Vox didn't have any issues. Vox did something very right when they built the Valvetronix amps!

Nelskie
January 2nd, 2006, 09:49 AM
Sooooo, you're a "country slinger" now, Robert??!! Hey, gigging is cool no matter what you're doing. I'm also interested to hear what's in your setlist, primarily because of a recent post I did (Open Mic - Anyone else have this problem. . .) Uptempo country stuff is a gas to play, and I'm finding more of it to noodle around on these days than I ever have.

Robert
January 2nd, 2006, 12:17 PM
Well, I'm all over the place musically. I like to be able to just jump in and play songs that don't take forever to learn. Blues and country often lets me do that. Although, I had to sit down and transcribe some Brent Mason-type licks...

I'll post our cover set list somewhere later, but just to mention some of the artists - Terri Clark, Shania Twain, Jo Dee Messina, Faith Hill, Steve Earle, Dire Straits, Gretchen Wilson, John Cougar Mellencamp.

SuperSwede
January 2nd, 2006, 03:43 PM
MMM... Country :)

I really HATED country in my youth but now I really love playing it, and it´s really challenging to play those banjo rolls and double stops.

Robert
May 10th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Hey Tremoloman, what happened to your AD50VT? Did you get rid of it or are you still enjoying it?