PDA

View Full Version : Miami-Ace in the Place

Miami-Ace
July 12th, 2010, 08:59 AM
:dance Hello, fellow players. I'm someone who is moving from beginner status into intermediate territory (moveable barre chords and hammer-ons with the pinky are no longer daunting). I like this forum and think highly of Robert. Although this is a free forum, I plan to buy some of Robert's premium video lessons as a way of providing a little monetary support to his efforts.

I currently own six guitars, but only have room for five. I'm selling my Yamaha AES720 double-humbucker to get down to the house carrying limit of five. I also have an early '70s Yamaha FG-160 acoustic (great tone, slightly stiff action) and two Squier Telecasters and one "real" Fender Strat and a Fender Tele.

I am a semi-retired journalist who now has enough time to actually work hard at becoming a better guitarist. My wife and I travel a lot. We've been in all 48 contiguous American states together and quite a few foreign countries. Other interests include baseball (we've seen games in about three dozen major league stadiums), playing chess and hiking, camping, boating, birding etc.

We live in Miami, FL, which is one of the world's fascinating cities. You all should come down some time, after all it's so close to the United States!!

guitarhack
July 12th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Welcome to the Fret, Miami-Ace! It's a very friendly place.

Tig
July 12th, 2010, 09:20 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Miami-Ace. You have a nice selection of gear, and anyone who has all of those interests can't be too bad (I share most of 'em, as you might guess! :thumbsup ).

While I support my home team Astros, I'm also a big Phillies fan. That comes with marrying a girl from South Jersey! I hope you've made it to the Houston ball park in your travels.

I think you'll enjoy this place.

Robert
July 12th, 2010, 03:49 PM
Hi and welcome, Ace!

Also, a sincere thank you for your nice comments about what I do.

Enjoy your new found home here!

Spudman
July 12th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Hey there travelin man. Welcome to your next journey. The one that is worthy of enjoying the ride...playing guitar. It's always a good time. :agree

We live in Miami, FL, which is one of the world's fascinating cities. You all should come down some time, after all it's so close to the United States!!

Uhh,...will we need language lessons or sumthin?

FrankenFretter
July 13th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Welcome aboard!

duhvoodooman
July 13th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Ace! A Miami Journalist, huh? Say "Hi" for me to Dave Barry next time you bump into him at some regional journalistic function!

(P.S. You really need to find room for a Les Paul in that house somewhere, esp. if you're selling the Yamaha.... :poke ;))

mrmudcat
August 3rd, 2010, 09:57 AM
welcome

bigG
August 3rd, 2010, 05:01 PM
Welcome aboard from another (former) Miamian! Born (1950) and raised in Opa Locka - Miami. If you've been in Miami for quite a few years, you must know of Ace Music! THE only musical instrument shop in those parts for years! (I'm wondering if the "Ace" in your name has anything to do with that?)

G

sunvalleylaw
August 4th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Welcome Ace!

Brian Krashpad
August 23rd, 2010, 08:37 AM

If you should decide to leave and be the last out, don't forget to bring the flag.

;)

I kid. My brother lives in Kendall and has a sign shop down near Briar Bay. You've probably seen his work around town.

Bienvenidos!