PDA

View Full Version : Bonnie the Cat - New Porcupine Tree video

Spudman
July 12th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Pretty interesting video from PPT
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/porcupinetree/bonnie/

Tig
July 13th, 2010, 10:46 AM
A bit creepy, but the mood matches the song.

Spudman
July 13th, 2010, 08:07 PM
A bit creepy, but the mood matches the song.

I thought so too. It's amazing how much emotion is transmitted even though there are no facial expressions. Very creepy indeed.

deeaa
July 13th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Really cool video! Coincidentally I've been trying to get into Porcupine for several days now, but have failed so far. Just can't get into it for some reason...great drumming/sound and such, but it seems to me like...like someone played Depeche Mode and The Cure covers without emotion and inserted some calculated, simple Nu-Metal tricks. Sort of like a poor copy of Tool, which I like. But I'm still trying...I have 3 of their previous albums on my iPod and I've soon gone thru them three times, and I've noticed a few nice bits here and there...maybe I'll start understanding it at some point.

Eric
July 14th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Which albums do you have? Some are easier to get into than others.

deeaa
July 14th, 2010, 06:23 AM
fear of the blank planet, deadwing, forget the third. I dunno, I find it too challeing to listen when it takes more than 10 seconds for the song to start off proper, and usually I prefer 2 minute songs to 4 minute ones. Maybe I shou.d try to listen to a whole cd not random songs too...might make more sense.

Tig
July 14th, 2010, 07:11 AM
fear of the blank planet, deadwing, forget the third. I dunno, I find it too challeing to listen when it takes more than 10 seconds for the song to start off proper, and usually I prefer 2 minute songs to 4 minute ones. Maybe I shou.d try to listen to a whole cd not random songs too...might make more sense.

A band or album either works for us, or it doesn't. At least you are giving them a fair chance.

I look back and remember several albums by various bands (usually metal) took 5 to 10+ listens before I really digested them. Some are still my favorites, and others haven't been on the ipod in years.

Eric
July 14th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Hmm. I tend to like FOABP; it was the first one I listened to. Deadwing is OK. In Absentia is probably the most accessible one I've heard. I'd like to listen to Stupid Dream sometime.

I do think listening to the album in order might make a bit more sense. They tend to do quasi-concept/prog stuff, so sometimes the album order matters.