PDA

View Full Version : "Vintage Fender Amp Day" on the Albany NY Craigslist....

duhvoodooman
July 14th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Amps like these don't show up in our local CL postings very often and these two both appeared within a 12 hr. period. Now, if I find 4G's hidden in an old sock or stuffed in a mattress, I know what do to with it....

http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/1842110813.html

http://albany.craigslist.org/msg/1841640491.html

Robert
July 14th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Hey you have enough good amps already, dontcha?

Eric
July 14th, 2010, 02:22 PM
Is there such a thing?? I think Vood's getting an annex built soon to house his amps and guitars...

guitarhack
July 14th, 2010, 02:46 PM
Sweet amps!

duhvoodooman
July 14th, 2010, 03:44 PM
Hey you have enough good amps already, dontcha?
Don't misunderstand me--I'm not considering such a purchase nor am I shopping for vintage amps. I just like to peruse our local Craigslist and see what pops up. It's mostly crapola--cheap guitars, amps and associated equip.--that's often listed at laughably high prices. But occasionally, something really nice/unusual pops up, and I thought both of these vintage Fender amps fit that description. Just seemed quite the coincidence that two such gems popped up in less than 24 hours.

oldguy
July 14th, 2010, 04:13 PM
It's ads like those that make me think of selling my old Super. Don't get me wrong, it's a great amp, but there are so many builders out there nowadays you can have a brand new hand wired one for what many of the originals are going for. If you have to have the name and nostalgia I suppose nothing beats the original, but there are options is all I'm saying........

Robert
July 14th, 2010, 04:47 PM
Why look for gear if you aren't going to buy?

duhvoodooman
July 14th, 2010, 04:54 PM
Why look for gear if you aren't going to buy?
So you look the other way when a pretty woman walks by, because you're already married? You ignore that Porsche or Ferrari driving by because you already have a car? C'mon, RR--give me a break! :thwap

ZMAN
July 14th, 2010, 05:05 PM
My god 2200 for a 65 Super. I sold mine for 400. of course that was in 1970My friend has a 1970, and I can use it anytime I want. I will have to get him to bring it down next time he visits.

Robert
July 14th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Dvm, the difference is that it's work to take the effort to search through ads compared to look at a Porsche pass me by. Sure I give you a break! Nothing wrong with what you are doing, was just curious that's all. I only look at gear ads if I'm looking for something to buy. I think. Mostly. :)

sumitomo
July 14th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Old Guy said it,you will notice he has over 500.00 in that Super just to freshen it up,that's the place I'm at with mine,it was an awesome amph and got noisey and more,well you get the idea,do I sell it and get new?I'm still trying to decide.Sumi:D,but that tremolux man that is a sweet unit!LOL!

duhvoodooman
July 14th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Dvm, the difference is that it's work to take the effort to search through ads compared to look at a Porsche pass me by.
Got a shortcut to the Albany CL musical instruments page in my browser, so with a couple of clicks, I can do a quick scan of the daily listings to see if there's anything cool to look at. Doesn't seem like "work" to me! More like entertainment.

Now all those cool videos you make--THAT's work! :poke ;)

Robert
July 14th, 2010, 08:22 PM
Now all those cool videos you make--THAT's work! :poke ;)

Yeah, you're right, but I get fame and groupies! :dance