PDA

View Full Version : All this talk of looping....

Lev
October 15th, 2006, 02:19 AM
..all this looping talk made me dig out my Akai Headrush pedal and do some jamming. The Headrush doesn't have the quantize feature of the newer boss pedals so I had to run a pretty naff drum sound through it to make sure the timing was right, but you get the general idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uOUfafUdq8

Justaguyin_nc
October 15th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Nice job lev.. looks so easy...:) thanks for the G2 demo also.. and the Pink Floyd song...

ted s
October 15th, 2006, 07:03 AM
very nice Lev, very nice indeed.

Tim
October 16th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Dang Lev - You just raised my GAS meter another 10 points. Nice job on the demo and excellent playing on the PInk Floyd tune.

zeusse
October 16th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Very nice my man tone and playing was sweet!

jpfeifer
October 26th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Lev,

That sounds excellent. Very nice tones and excellent playing. You have David Gimour's solo nailed. Great idea to play this as a loop too.

-- Jim

tot_Ou_tard
October 27th, 2006, 06:55 AM
That was fantastic Lev & as already stated: great choice!

sunvalleylaw
September 10th, 2007, 05:12 PM
Hey, I just saw this. You posted this just before or just as I was joining last year and I missed it. That is really cool! I do not have the technique of looping on top of loops down yet at all. This inspires me to practice that. :beer: :Dude:

Lev
September 11th, 2007, 02:17 AM
Thanks man, I've since upgraded my looper to a RC-2. However I've come to the conclusion that the best way to get good sounding loops is to use 2 seperate amps. I find that the sound coming from the amp becomes too cluttered so I think I'm going to invest in an A/B switch and send the loops to my solid state Fender Princeton and leave my HR Deluxe for lead. I also don't like putting drum and bass loops into a tube amp. Anyone recommend a good cheap A/B switch?

Jimi75
September 11th, 2007, 02:33 AM
That sounded great! Cool playin'.

Spudman
September 11th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Anyone recommend a good cheap A/B switch?
Behringer has you covered two ways. Standard A/B pedal around $25 and for $10 more you get the more elaborate A/B Y with the ability to unlatch either of two pedals or both on the unit.

ALERT!!! Serious price reduction on the AB 200.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item.aspx?i=BEH%20AB200&src=D0407FG0HAMS0000BEH%20AB200

sunvalleylaw
September 11th, 2007, 10:11 AM
Thanks man, I've since upgraded my looper to a RC-2. However I've come to the conclusion that the best way to get good sounding loops is to use 2 seperate amps. I find that the sound coming from the amp becomes too cluttered so I think I'm going to invest in an A/B switch and send the loops to my solid state Fender Princeton and leave my HR Deluxe for lead. I also don't like putting drum and bass loops into a tube amp. Anyone recommend a good cheap A/B switch?

Nope, I can't but looks like Spud did. Well, your plan may go on my shopping list for the music room I have in mind as time (and GAS) goes on. Get the keyboard that we will use for the kids hooked in there, get a second amph like a Vox AD30 for the purposes you suggest, get the toneport with the computer hooked in, and have a great time. :R

All in time. . . .

Robert
September 12th, 2007, 07:16 AM
Good stuff, Lev! Looping is a lot of fun, eh?