PDA

View Full Version : Behind the scene at a rock concert

kiteman
July 14th, 2010, 11:57 PM
http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2505/immortalfake.jpg (http://img6.imageshack.us/i/immortalfake.jpg/)

Eric
July 15th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Yeah, I saw this over at TGP. Pretty funny.

kiteman
July 15th, 2010, 06:49 AM
That's where I got it. :)

Eric
July 15th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Quite the firestorm that ignited, huh? Seems like a lot of TGP threads end up that way -- one thing I really like about TFN is that sort of thing almost never happens here.

Back to the picture, I can't think of the last time I saw a show with multiple stacks (real or fake) on stage. Maybe Dream Theater -- I think Petrucci had something like 4 dual recto stacks set up behind him.

kiteman
July 15th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I read an article about stacks like that being just for show. I thought they were real just not plugged in. I was surprised when I saw that pic.

It makes sense now, none of that lugging around stuff. I suppose they fold up.

Eric
July 15th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I read an article about stacks like that being just for show. I thought they were real just not plugged in. I was surprised when I saw that pic.

It makes sense now, none of that lugging around stuff. I suppose they fold up.
Yeah, my assumption was always that the cab and head enclosures were real, just empty. I guess I gave them less credit than you did, but it was still too much!

kiteman
July 15th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah, my assumption was always that the cab and head enclosures were real, just empty. I guess I gave them less credit than you did, but it was still too much!

Impressive backdrop though. Seems it's always marshalls.

poodlesrule
July 15th, 2010, 02:05 PM
What are the mesh wire antenna-like thingies on top units, stage effects of some sort?

Tone2TheBone
July 15th, 2010, 02:26 PM
Man I miss the good ole days....

Zip
July 15th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Oh, now I get it.

I thought you just wanted me to drool over those Engl's. :rockya

msteeln
July 20th, 2010, 01:42 PM
When I saw Ministry years back (on US Navy property), when they had a true wall-of-Marshalls, all identical, backing the guitar army that stretched from one end of the large stage to the other, pummeling the rowdy crowd into happy-putty, until they cut the power. Very impressive at the time, but now, I wonder...
Jorgenson still talks about 'The Pearl Harbor Riot'
:beavisnbutthead: BTW http://www.pinkisthenewblog.com/2010/07/beavis-butt-head-return/

kiteman
July 20th, 2010, 02:21 PM
Hmm.. I wonder if we can get wallpaper (house) like that. Wall to wall Marshalls. :)

poodlesrule
July 20th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Hmm.. I wonder if we can get wallpaper (house) like that. Wall to wall Marshalls. :)

You can print your own on Kinko's large plotters.

Spudman
July 20th, 2010, 11:33 PM
You can print your own on Kinko's large plotters.

...and that my friends IS rock and roll!

5 more to go.

poodlesrule
July 21st, 2010, 10:45 AM
...and that my friends IS rock and roll!

5 more to go.

4 now.

I can hear the champagne bottle rattling in the chiller!