PDA

View Full Version : BlueSky Reverberator

Robert
July 15th, 2010, 02:08 PM
Here's a new reverb pedal that is pretty sweet.

6Ps1quuad3A

Eric
July 15th, 2010, 02:31 PM
Cool stuff. How do you like the standard 'verbs compared to the ones on your amps? The modulation seemed very chorus-y.

Robert
July 15th, 2010, 02:51 PM
This unit is better sounding than any of my amp's reverbs. I didn't tweak the settings on this demo - just flipped between types of reverbs and modes. Since you have pre-delay, high and low dampening controls, you can do A LOT of great sounds with this. It's way more high end than any digital amp reverbs I've ever tried.

Eric
July 15th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Yeah, it sounds really nice. Two questions:

1) Which type of reverb do you like the best? I was always confused by spring reverb, since it seemed like it was invented out of necessity, so people trying to copy something that wasn't as good as the real thing seemed kind of weird. Still...

2) How do you figure you'll use the shimmer setting? It sounds really neat, but I don't know how I'd use it if I had it.

Robert
July 15th, 2010, 03:55 PM
1) not sure yet... they are all really great.
2) probably for some slow tune just for an effect on certain passages? I guess I don't know yet.

Eric
August 30th, 2010, 06:55 AM
I was thinking about this again recently. Do you use this in your effects loop, or have you been running it in front of your amps? I'm guessing that it's last in the chain, regardless of where it goes -- is that right?

I'm getting a little more curious about reverb and delay pedals.

Robert
August 30th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I use this in front of the amp. Last in the chain. This is a seriously good sounding unit. Looks like they have trouble keeping up with the demand at the moment.

Eric
August 30th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I use this in front of the amp. Last in the chain. This is a seriously good sounding unit. Looks like they have trouble keeping up with the demand at the moment.
Yeah, it seems to be a hot item right now. Do you tend to run reverb after delay in most cases? I don't have any delay at the moment, and I feel like the spring 'verb on my amp is all I need right now, but should my tastes change, I'm trying to get a feel for how this stuff usually works.

Robert
August 30th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Yes

Neal
September 2nd, 2010, 10:27 AM
That seems to be a real nice unit Robert. I sure would like to test drive it.

Robert
September 2nd, 2010, 10:33 AM
It is very "fancy" sounding. I think they put in some high end thingamajars, doodads and hoojamaflips, in order to make it sound so good.

With those dampen controls, it's also easy to make it sound like a regular spring reverb of olden days.

Perfect Stranger
September 7th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Love it...wish I could afford it!

Radioboy950
September 8th, 2010, 07:37 AM
This pedal takes the player into some ethereal, synth-like territory.
Very cool.
I was also poking around the Strymon website, and they've done some terrific things with the tape echo, "El Capistan" (http://www.strymon.net/products/elcapistan/). Takes you right back to the days of the multi-head, reel-to-reel decks & razor blades and splicing tape.

Neal
September 10th, 2010, 09:43 AM
You're scaring me with this thing Robert:thwap

Robert
September 10th, 2010, 10:30 AM
What so scary, Neal?

Neal
September 11th, 2010, 06:27 PM
I seem to buy everything that you recommend. That blue sky thing has been on my mind, and I cant shake it:running

Robert
September 11th, 2010, 09:11 PM
Haha, well as long as buying the gear makes you happy, nothing's wrong with that!