PDA

View Full Version : Nashville trip

Duffy
July 16th, 2010, 01:07 AM
Went to Nashville GC for the forth of July sale. Happened to be in the area.

Picked out a beautiful MIM std tele. Wound up with a white one with maple board and white pickguard right out of a box, with a beautiful straight grained neck and real nice tone. Played it thru a SCXD. Got a good deal but Tenn has a nine per cent sales tax.

Anyway, I now have a real nice tele from Nashville and that is kind of cool in its own way; value added, at least to me - which is all I care about really, I'm not selling it, I'm upgrading my collection.

I also bought a digitech hardwire reverb pedal that I have been wanting and it sounds real good. I had my Vox DA5 along for the trip and it worked real well, especially with earphones at night. I like those overdrive channels and the compression.

So I now have recently purchased two Fender tele's: a Nashville blonde and the std MIM white one. These are great sounding guitars. You have to give it to those Mexican Fender workers. They make some nice guitars.

I also saw some awesome guitars at that Nashville GC, as you can imagine. I saw an all black with chrome hardware strat that I liked for 499. It had black pup covers and knobs, etc., maple board. They had a bunch of MIM strats selling for like 349, nice ones too. They had the satin black Gibson SG with a hardshell case for 649 that I almost got instead of my intended tele, but I talked myself out of it. That is an awesome satin black SG if you have not seen it in person.

I will get some pictures taken of my new teles and post them here as soon as possible.

ZMAN
July 16th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Yes Duffy I think since the influx of Chinese and Indonesian guitars lately at such low price points I think the MIMs have been pushed aside somewhat.
Excellent quality, and really not a bad price point for what you get. I have a MIM 60th Anniversary Strat in Blizzard Pearl that is one sweet guitar. I also owned a Deluxe Player Strat that I wish I hadn't traded now. I miss it a lot.
Not much of a Tele guy but you have to have a least one! My CV Custom fills that bill. I never rally gave the MIMs a good look when I was buying the tele. Maybe worth another look.

Duffy
July 16th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I don't care about the country of origin when it comes to guitars and amps very much. If I had a lot more money I would probably buy as much American as possible; but since I am not rolling in the dough, I like to find quality stuff that looks and plays well and has some reputation to it.

I have several Squiers and Ibanez's, an Xavier LP copy, and want to get an
Agile LP copy.

This time I wanted a Fender. Name brand type deal and the quality is very good on my MIM Fenders. My far eastern Vox AC15c1 is also seemingly real good as well. I went thru two American made Classic 30's that had serious brand new issues before I decided to change course and try the Vox, which is ulike any of my other amps and a real good sounding amp with the Celestion Greenback and the two channels including Top Boost.

I might get a CV Custom tele one of these days. My bass amps are fine for my new used Fender P bass, a Marshall MB30 and Fender Rumble 100. I wouldn't mind getting a higher class bass amp though, like one of the bigger Marshalls with the tube preamp or a nice Peavey TNT115 or even something nicer. I bought my son a SWR Workingpro 15 that is a real nice bass amp with lots of tone shaping, but these new Marshalls are awesome when it comes to tone shaping.

I would like to see more musical stuff made in Mexico. Does Fender make any of the amps in Mexico?

sunvalleylaw
July 16th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Congrats Duffy! I also enjoy my MIM strat. I bet that tele is nice!

Katastrophe
July 17th, 2010, 08:16 AM
The Mexico factory turns out great guitars, without a doubt. It is, after all, a relatively short drive from the main factory in Cali. Mexican factory workers have great incentives to keep quality up while working quickly.

I love my MIM Strat.

Congrats on the Tele, Duff! They are great guitars.

MAXIFUNK
July 17th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Congrats Duffy and They are some great Fenders made in Mexico.
I love my MIM 06 Strat with direct mounted pups its a keeper for life.

They are several Great Fender guitars made in Mexico on my gas list

Baja Tele
Blackout Telecaster
Classic Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe