PDA

View Full Version : Grace Potter & The Nocturnals

Robert
July 16th, 2010, 07:46 AM
This is cool! There is still hope for rock'n roll!

She looks so cool, slinging that flying V... and I love the way she sings. :dance

dd1PsUyfoME

msteeln
July 16th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Not bad! And the song was OK too.

kidsmoke
July 16th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I've seen Grace Several times live. She is the real deal. Hammond B3 and flying V. Of the thousands of shows I've seen, she EASILY exudes more sex appeal than anyone I've witnessed.

Rockermann
July 16th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Is that an open tuning I see on that V? :) Is that relative to her guitar playing talent?

kidsmoke
July 17th, 2010, 09:21 AM
I did see her rip a solo at Austin City Limits Festival '08. It was not highly complex, but she can play a bit. Her main instrument the times I've seen her has been a Hammond B3, (80/20 split)

t_ross33
July 17th, 2010, 10:48 AM
kinda diggin' the Tele her lead guitarist was playing. Maybe I need a bigsby trem... :dude

Rockermann
July 17th, 2010, 11:39 AM
I did see her rip a solo at Austin City Limits Festival '08. It was not highly complex, but she can play a bit. Her main instrument the times I've seen her has been a Hammond B3, (80/20 split)

Cool deal. She's certainly talented. I meant no disrespect by my comment. :socool

kidsmoke
July 17th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Cool deal. She's certainly talented. I meant no disrespect by my comment. :socool

none inferred....worthwhile point. If your gonna front a band sporting a v, you open yourself to analysis. She's got a couple of good guitarists there, I think for the tunes they don't do keys for, it's easy for her to be a "performer" at the mic if she is not having to think too hard, and just belts it out.

This chick is all about the 70's rock groove, jam band, dripping guitars, blasting amps. Studio stuff I've heard is all bubble gum pop, wouldn't get me to a show for anything. Fortunately I stumbled upon her at that ACL fest, and didn't know what just happened.

for real. chic brings it.

check out there Daytrotter session...they do a live in studio of Paris and of another tune "Watching You" that is even more devastating.

Janis who??

piebaldpython
July 17th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Is that an open tuning I see on that V? :) Is that relative to her guitar playing talent?

Maybe she has KEEF envy?? :poke

oldguy
July 18th, 2010, 07:17 AM
She does a variety of music, I knew I'd seen her on Youtube sometime back.

paeNnR33i5Q

kidsmoke
July 18th, 2010, 07:45 AM
WOW!! Never seen that. Bad A**, top to bottom.

helliott
July 19th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Saw Grace and her band opening for Gov't Mule at Kool Haus in Toronto a couple years back. Awesome energy and show. Her guitarist was amazing, too.

kidsmoke
July 19th, 2010, 11:50 AM
Saw Grace and her band opening for Gov't Mule at Kool Haus in Toronto a couple years back. Awesome energy and show. Her guitarist was amazing, too.

I saw them with Mule also. Funny that they can be playing Austin City Limits Festival in '08, Touring with major acts like Mule, etc, and yet Rolling Stone is calling them one of the "best new bands of 2010"

Seems Rolling Stone is a bit late to the party.

helliott
July 19th, 2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah, ain't that true. She's well on her way to being an overnght sensation,with about a half decade in the biz, and who knows what dues paid before that.

sunvalleylaw
July 19th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Cool! I like it. And that trem on the tele is cool too.

Nice job on the Neil Young cover too. Not every day you see Satriani doing a Neil Young cover. Her vocal there is a bit reminiscent of Susan Tedeschi.