PDA

View Full Version : Atta Boy!!!

sumitomo
July 16th, 2010, 11:43 PM
This is a good person report,Last night my wife went shopping and left her purse in the cart after loading the stuff up in the car,she went back,but no purse,came home told me and my daughter was crying cause there was a good amount of money in there for their trip next weekend,so my wife reported it to the police and called the credit card companies when a knock came at the door,it was a hispanic lady with my wife's purse and she refused a reward.Awesome:applause :applause :thumbsup :happy Gave my hope a boost!Sumi:D

Tig
July 17th, 2010, 12:46 AM
Isn't that cool?
This is one of those times we get to reaffirm our faith in our fellow human.

Several times my wife or I have found money that the customer just before us forgot to pick up from one of those self check out systems and managed to catch them before they left. We even found out once that a small deli managed gave us back too much change, I think it was just $10, so we came back after the appointment we were stuck and and paid the man back. He was very delighted we made the effort, and we made a great new friend.
My wife once found over $200 that an elderly lady dropped and chased her down to get it back to her. The woman was very grateful, saying that was all the money she had to live on for the next 2 weeks, and would have suffered without it.

I mention this not to claim we are some kind of super people or something, but just to encourage others to do the same. These little acts can snowball into greater acts or a slightly better world in general. I personally was rewarded much more by doing something extra for someone, than what the money could have provided. We also do it to teach our boys what's really important in life.

Now, if I see money floating across a parking lot without an obvious owner, well, that sucka's mine! I'm still waiting to find a briefcase full of drug money that no one has noticed... Say hello to my new GAS fund!

Katastrophe
July 17th, 2010, 07:53 AM
Now, if I see money floating across a parking lot without an obvious owner, well, that sucka's mine! I'm still waiting to find a briefcase full of drug money that no one has noticed... Say hello to my new GAS fund!

If I found a briefcase full o' drug money, I'd turn that sucka into five-oh so fast it would make your head spin. It would be my luck that someone would see it, and I would be well and truly screwed.

I wouldn't want to be the person tracked down for repayment. *shudder*

@Sumi:

That's awesome! I like to think of myself as an optimist, and that the majority of people when given the opportunity would do the right thing. With all the awful things going on in the world these days, it's good to see (or read about)!

otaypanky
July 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM
A year or two ago I jumped in my pickup with my wife to go do some errands and stop by her mom's. I had a bunch of straps I had to ship and a number of checks that had to be deposited. I threw it all in a milk crate or two in the bed and got distracted by something. When I returned to the truck and got in I forgot to close my tailgate. It was blowing a hard wind that day and had just snowed a good amount. We got to her mom's about 12 miles away and when I got out I realized how far along I am in my old age and the severity of my forgetfulness. LOL Oh yes, and the panic, I forgot that. So back we went retracing our route, three frickin' times !!! When I finally got home there was a big flat spot on my forehead from me smacking myself :thwap and also a strange truck in my driveway. A nice old couple had found most of my stuff and figured out where we lived by the return address on the boxes. I was so grateful! Once they told us where they had picked it up we went to that area and after 20 minutes or so had rounded up all the checks that had blown around in the wind ~
I always have faith in the goodness of people until they give me reason to think otherwise.
'Glad it worked out for you too Sumi :happy