PDA

View Full Version : 2 good blues licks - free lesson

Robert
July 21st, 2010, 07:35 AM
Here's a blues lesson with 2 good licks. Those who sign up for my newsletter on my website will receive the video as well as PDF and Guitar Pro files too.

3GGXpKMPA8Q

kidsmoke
July 21st, 2010, 07:52 AM
Sweet Robert, I know what I'll be doing this evening.

Nice clean tone as well. That viking has a nice sound. Which of your stable of amps are you using? And did I hear a bit of reverb as well? Amp or pedal?

Robert
July 21st, 2010, 08:13 AM
Thanks! I used the Marshall Class5 and the Strymon blueSky Reverberator, just because it was already plugged in and readily available...

mjk123
July 21st, 2010, 08:28 AM
good material and looks easy for this beginner. Still working on the "Lesson Bundle 6" but I will make sure to through this in to the mix too.

Robert
July 21st, 2010, 04:10 PM
Thanks, hope you enjoy this one too.

piebaldpython
July 21st, 2010, 04:32 PM
Great lesson. Great graphics and presented so it's easy to learn.

Robert
October 18th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Thank you, thank you.

gatorbrit
October 18th, 2010, 05:16 PM
Very tasty lick. I'm looking for to trying it out. Just from a tech point of view - is the first lick out of the E min blues scale, while the second lick is E maj?

I like to try and visualize the theory behind this.

Cheers

Rich

Fretz
October 18th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Very tasty indeed!!

...really great feel!

Robert
October 19th, 2010, 11:20 AM
Very tasty lick. I'm looking for to trying it out. Just from a tech point of view - is the first lick out of the E min blues scale, while the second lick is E maj?

I like to try and visualize the theory behind this.

Cheers

Rich

The first one is E blues scale/minor pentatonic (depending on if you play b5 note or not). The second lick uses the E Dorian mode, if you bend that F# note a half step). However, if you bend that note all the way to the major 3rd (the note G#), then you can say you are playing notes from the E major scale or E major pentatonic. What's makes this lick sound a bit different really, is that is uses the major 6th and the major 2nd (C# and F#). Those are the important notes, so to speak.