PDA

View Full Version : Demo of the Amplitube iRig

Robert
July 22nd, 2010, 01:43 PM
Here's me playing with the iRig for the first time! :cool

bs7vRdlDKi0

Lev
July 22nd, 2010, 02:43 PM
"Here's some important documentation....Of course I'll skip that as always" ..... Love it!!
Great Demo, you should download the full version - the fender amp model is very nice.

sunvalleylaw
July 22nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
I just got mine, and will download the full version tonight. I don't have a guitar here with me to try it out, so will have to wait. Looks fun!

Robert
July 22nd, 2010, 03:16 PM
The full version is $19.99 right?

helliott
July 22nd, 2010, 03:33 PM
What will they think of next? Trying to think of how it might be useful as opposed to fanciful, but nonetheless pretty cool. It helps if you can play the hell out of the guitar.
Guess portability is the big deal, but you'd need some speakers on your trip? Wonder how it sounds through phones?

Lev
July 22nd, 2010, 03:34 PM
I think so, i purchased in euro for €15.99. You can also just add individual amps and effects to the free version but it works out more expensive that way.

sunvalleylaw
July 22nd, 2010, 04:08 PM
What will they think of next? Trying to think of how it might be useful as opposed to fanciful, but nonetheless pretty cool. It helps if you can play the hell out of the guitar.
Guess portability is the big deal, but you'd need some speakers on your trip? Wonder how it sounds through phones?

I am going to use it mostly as a headphone amph. I will also use it through speakers, or into an amph, but my first thought was what a great practice tool in my phone. I am going to try out my nicer headphones, but also you can use just your iPhone headphones, and really have nothing else to bring with you other than the phone you would already have, the little iRig connector, your cable and your guitar. I like that a lot better than hauling a separate headphone amp with a power cord or a bunch of big batteries, etc.

sunvalleylaw
July 22nd, 2010, 11:05 PM
Well, I got it hooked up, and downloaded the full app. Really nice! Love it so far. I have only had a little time tonight, but will report more later. I really love the Fender model right now. The tubescreamer works just like it should with it. It was easy to set it up for a bit of drive on lead, and roll back the volume on the strat and it cleans right up for chord work. No latency that I could notice. Very cool!

Great demo Robert! I look forward to seeing what you come up with using it. :thumbsup :dance

progrmr
July 23rd, 2010, 08:13 AM
How does this affect your battery life??

sunvalleylaw
July 23rd, 2010, 08:25 AM
i have only had it a night, but it is known to use battery life. I will get back to you with real world experience once I have had it a while.

Tone2TheBone
July 23rd, 2010, 08:26 AM
I think this is your best demo yet. Very cool technology!

IK Multimedia
July 23rd, 2010, 03:40 PM
More more more, Robert! We're very impressed even though you tossed aside our carefully-crafted VERY important documentation!!! :)

I see you've posted here, sunvalleylaw, which is great - I was worrying about you in the other thread.

Robert
July 23rd, 2010, 03:51 PM
haha, glad you like! I was honest - who reads the "important information" anyway... :D

deeaa
July 24th, 2010, 09:11 AM
Sounds awesome! If I had an iPhone I'd get one in a flash!

IK Multimedia
July 24th, 2010, 09:36 PM
Sounds awesome! If I had an iPhone I'd get one in a flash!
iPhone and flash in the same sentence? UH OH!!! :)

If you ever pick up an iPod Touch it works well on the latest generation of those too. Thanks!

sunvalleylaw
July 25th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Hi IK, yeah, I posted in this thread as it was up. I am really enjoying this so far. I do not find any noticeable latency, the sounds are really nice, and the product is doing what I want it to mostly.

I find that sometimes it is hard to get connected properly to import songs. The address you need to log on to does not want to come up. Any advice there? Other than that, it is great!

mapka
July 25th, 2010, 12:24 PM
I also had some trouble getting songs to load, but seem to have worked it out. For some reason I am not getting as much output as I had hoped. With the headphone output on the Iphone cranked and the amp (in the free version) volume cranked and gain at about mid, the sound is just about audible. Any more gain and it gets too noisy with buzz. The songs I imported seem to play with enough volume but not the guitar. Any suggestions?

IK Multimedia
July 26th, 2010, 09:38 AM
I also had some trouble getting songs to load, but seem to have worked it out. For some reason I am not getting as much output as I had hoped. With the headphone output on the Iphone cranked and the amp (in the free version) volume cranked and gain at about mid, the sound is just about audible. Any more gain and it gets too noisy with buzz. The songs I imported seem to play with enough volume but not the guitar. Any suggestions?
Since different parts of the connector make contact with different parts of the jack on the iPhone/device, it sounds like the output ring is making contact correctly (thus you can hear the songs playing) but there may be something preventing solid contact with the input ring (this has happened a lot).

You should make sure the input jack on your device is clean. This has happened to many, including myself. Proper contact will not be made if there is dust/lint/etc in there. This happens quite frequently to devices that dwell in pockets often (I'm a big offender there and had to clean mine out). Also make sure that it is properly seated.

Note that if you are using iPhone 4 there is an update coming as some low volume issues can be found on this device. Also with iOS 4 (on any of the compatible devices) the "Volume Limit" functionality works for ALL apps not just iPod/iTunes like it had in the past so please do turn this off.

Also, if you are not using headphones (but perhaps multimedia speakers, output to an amp, mixer, etc) please turn off - carefully - the NO FEEDBACK setting.

You can also please ensure that you are adjusting the device volume using the side buttons but only AFTER you hook up the iRig and it is recognize and produces output.

Hope this helps!

IK Multimedia
July 26th, 2010, 09:38 AM
oops and forgot to mention - check out this quick audio demo with guitars done in AmpliTube iRig: http://bit.ly/steeleirig

mapka
July 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM
You should make sure the input jack on your device is clean. This has happened to many, including myself. Proper contact will not be made if there is dust/lint/etc in there. This happens quite frequently to devices that dwell in pockets often (I'm a big offender there and had to clean mine out). Also make sure that it is properly seated.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the Ideas. I will try cleaning out the input jack on the Iphone (it is a 3G) and see if that helps.

IK Multimedia
July 26th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Great, let me know how it goes and give a shout over to the official support team if you still have problems: http://bit.ly/irigsupport

Thanks!

mapka
July 27th, 2010, 01:01 PM
Great, let me know how it goes and give a shout over to the official support team if you still have problems: http://bit.ly/irigsupport

Thanks!

Tried cleaning the input jack on the phone, but to no avail. Tried different guitars and different patch cables, again no help. I contacted the tech support. Thanks for your help!

Jipes
July 28th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Great demo Robert congratulations :applause sounds really good except maybe with the Noise filter who seems to cut down to much the treble. Did you try with a cheaper axe just to see ? I have an old ipod touch (first or 2nd generation I guess) and wonder if that nice app would work on it ?

Robert
July 28th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Thanks for the comments. Yeah, Jipes, it sounds cool with my cheaper axes too, for sure.

IK Multimedia
July 29th, 2010, 02:41 PM
It would work on the 2nd generation iPod Touch (the first doesn't have a mic input in the headphone jack) per http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irig/compatibledevices

I really appreciate the feedback (no pun intended but if you aren't using headphones/earbuds with a mic, do carefully turn this option off for even better sound) and keep it coming.

If you own it, please take a minute to review on iTunes and on a couple of dealer sites if you don't mind too:

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/IK-Multimedia-iRig-Audio-Interface-Adapater-for-iPhoneiPodiPad?sku=486069

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iRig/

thearabianmage
July 29th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I have to say, this is a pretty cool piece of kit and I just know it will come in handy on those 4AM bus journeys through London or practicing en route to college. . . The only thing I don't like is that it is one more thing that will deplete the battery on my iPhone :'(

That, and the fact you have to buy the part and app.

Cool vid, though :)

IK Multimedia
July 30th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Thanks! I'll also note here that we've updated:

1.0.1 AmpliTube For iPhone update is available

- general reliability improvements
- improved usability with cycling gear selection
- iPhone 4 compatible

Also, please update and update reviews/ratings (or review/rate if you have not already done so: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amplitube/id373524000?mt=8

IK Multimedia
August 16th, 2010, 12:18 PM
We've updated the Free and LE versions to 1.0.2 to fix an issue some folks were having with add-on gear not showing up. Please update ASAP if using either of these versions.

Also, we've launched an iRig summer contest so if you'd like to win one of 10 prizes (including StompIO, AmpliTube 3, and more) take a look at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/irigtoday

Thanks!