PDA

View Full Version : new tele project! i want your input!!!!

6stringdrug
July 22nd, 2010, 10:18 PM
i just purchased a one piece ash tele body routed for active electronics (cavity on the back) and dual humbuckers. fire away with any ideas you may have, but i am really interested in pickup suggestions. I play alot of blues and classic rock. i already have a strat (another project for another day). I like the warm tones, and kinda building this as a replacement for my dearly departed les paul. :thwap i love seymours but really want to hear your opinions so i can research this thoroughly. Thanks fretters! :pancake

Jimi75
November 22nd, 2010, 07:08 AM
Routed for active pus? Well that screams for EMGs doesn't it?
I had an EMG (81/81) equipped Les Paul. Wehn I listen to the recordings today, it sounded awsome for classic rock and Blues. Just listen to Gary Moore's "Still got the Blues". Most of it is played with EMGs.

:dance

deeaa
November 22nd, 2010, 09:29 AM
The classic EMG setup is 81br /85 neck but I prefer an 85 on bridge. Su-perb for pushin' an all tube amp to its best.

For neck, hard to beat the 89, the EMG which splits to a single via a push-pull pot. I have that on my Flying V neck.

Aww, how about two of those, you'd get also single-coil tele sounds out of it, plus thick strong bucker sounds...yeah! THAT's what I'd go for for sure!

http://emgpickups.com/products/index/6/239/1

I've never had a tele but a tele like that I would definitely hit any day...