PDA

View Full Version : Tele PUPs

Neal
July 25th, 2010, 11:16 AM
I have a stock american tele.Great axe, but that hum doesen't work good with Marshall equipment. Looks like I'm going to have to do a pickup change.

I've been loking at them Suhre pups,but am looking for reccomendations.

mapka
July 25th, 2010, 11:51 AM
I have an '83 vintage Telecaster that I love, but always thought the pups lacked punch and tone. I got a set of these pups http://www.wildepickups.com/Wilde_Bill_s_Keystones.html and what a difference. Great tone, and much more punch then the stock ones. I also installed a four way switch which lets the pups work in series or parallel. This also added some different sounds to the guitar and is fairly inexpensive. Bill Lawerence (this is the original one and not the copycat one) has been working with single coil pickups for a long time. He started out in Germany working with Framus guitars. I know he recently sold his company to Lace pickups. I got mine right around the time of the merger so I do not know if they were made in Bills factory or Lace's. I play mostly blues, old R&B, and some country and the Telecaster can cover it all now!

hubberjub
July 26th, 2010, 12:34 PM
+1 on the Keystones but they aren't noiseless. Bill Lawrence does make two varieties of noiseless pickups. One is a stacked pickup and the other is a dual blade. The dual blades were good enough that Fender used them as stock equipment on their Danny Gatton signature Tele when real Joe Barden pickups were not available.

ZMAN
July 30th, 2010, 07:10 AM
That is interesting. I have a new CV Tele and I am playing it through a DSL100. I was amazed at how quiet they were. I have a friend who has a set of Joe Bardens in a MIM tele. I know, why? I might try to get them from him.