PDA

View Full Version : Banners on this site

Robert
July 26th, 2010, 11:33 AM
Can you see the banners for Music123, Musician's Friend, etc at the top of the forum pages?

I have received a report from a member that the banners don't display.

Do you see them?

Just to mention this again - if you click on any of these banners and purchase something, you will help the Fret. We get a commission for each transaction that originated from these banner clicks.

Commodore 64
July 26th, 2010, 11:40 AM
http://www.lucky-cricket.com/files/fret.png

Retro Hound
July 26th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Commodor64 threw me for a loop there. Yes, I see the banners, I'm on Windows 7 running Firefox 3.6.6.

mjk123
July 26th, 2010, 01:15 PM
I also see them...

Robert
July 26th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Good, that's what I figured - it's working. :)

Commodore, perhaps you could just say "yes"... or crop that image a bit?

Spudman, any input here?

Commodore 64
July 26th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Commodore, perhaps you could just say "yes"... or crop that image a bit?

Crop? It's not small enough for you? :poke

Spudman
July 26th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Spudman, any input here?

I see dead people...but no banners. At the bottom of a page I see MF as a sponsor though.

EDIT- I just switched from Google Chrome to Explorer and in Explorer I can see the banners. They aren't there in Chrome.

MAXIFUNK
July 26th, 2010, 04:15 PM
I see them Robert.

markb
July 26th, 2010, 04:30 PM
I can't see the banners but then I run Adblock Pro as a Firefox extension. Maybe your original user is doing something similar. If I disable the plug in, the banners all come back.

bcdon
July 26th, 2010, 06:35 PM
I can't see the banners but then I run Adblock Pro as a Firefox extension. Maybe your original user is doing something similar. If I disable the plug in, the banners all come back.
I run adblock too but I've white-listed The Fret. However, firefox+adblock+linux doesn't display the banners even when white-listed.

riverrick
July 26th, 2010, 07:59 PM
I can see them also

marnold
July 26th, 2010, 08:24 PM
I run adblock too but I've white-listed The Fret. However, firefox+adblock+linux doesn't display the banners even when white-listed.
I see them with The Fret whitelisted, although now I'm only blocking certain things and basically allowing ads in general. I'm mainly blocking the God-forsaken Intellitxt garbage. I'm not subscribing to a filter list anymore.

oldguy
July 27th, 2010, 04:00 AM
yes.