PDA

View Full Version : Ever use BuyShield?

Spudman
July 28th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Anyone ever use BuyShield to purchase a warranty for anything? Apparently they are cheaper than most additional warranties and can cover not only online purchases but items bought from brick and mortar stores too.

I'm thinking of covering a portable DVD player I bought on the auction site and 2 year coverage is only $7.95.

sumitomo
July 28th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Sounds like a good deal,just wondering though,when it comes to using a warranty if the company is real or not.Sometimes business such as this is started to make a quick buck and wooosh their gone.Just saying.Sumi:D

Spudman
July 28th, 2010, 10:15 AM
Sounds like a good deal,just wondering though,when it comes to using a warranty if the company is real or not.Sometimes business such as this is started to make a quick buck and wooosh their gone.Just saying.Sumi:D

That makes sense. I'll give them a call and find out how long they've been in business.
https://www.buyshield.com/

EDIT - I just called them and they are located in Independence Ohio and have been in business since 2005.

Commodore 64
July 28th, 2010, 11:51 AM
That makes sense. I'll give them a call and find out how long they've been in business.
https://www.buyshield.com/

EDIT - I just called them and they are located in Independence Ohio and have been in business since 2005.

I'm meeting someone in Independence tomorrow to buy a 1994 MiM Strat Squier series.

Spudman
July 28th, 2010, 03:23 PM
I'm meeting someone in Independence tomorrow to buy a 1994 MiM Strat Squier series.

Now there is a coincidence. I have a 94 MIM Strat as well. So it's like a double coincidence, eh?

Commodore 64
July 28th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Now there is a coincidence. I have a 94 MIM Strat as well. So it's like a double coincidence, eh?

I'll stop in there and tell them not to screw over Spudman. Wish I was going to get a 94 MiM Strat, they had better hardware than the Squier Series.

Heywood Jablomie
July 28th, 2010, 07:26 PM
It's just another insurance scam, as far as I'm concerned. These companies simply prey upon some poor schmucks who don't seem to understand that they're paying for something that's not very likely to happen. They capitalize on fear. I suppose some folks feel comforted that they're "protected", but I say. "wake the hell up!".

bcdon
July 28th, 2010, 08:40 PM
It's just another insurance scam, as far as I'm concerned. These companies simply prey upon some poor schmucks who don't seem to understand that they're paying for something that's not very likely to happen. They capitalize on fear. I suppose some folks feel comforted that they're "protected", but I say. "wake the hell up!".

Totally agree. If you just think about it for a second: Insurance companies make money by collecting more money than they payout. Nice and simple. If they are wagering that you will not make a claim then you can make the same wager and save your insurance premium. Buying insurance on cheap consumer electronics/whatever is a waste.

sumitomo
July 28th, 2010, 09:30 PM
I tell ya I'm with alot of you guys,if it breaks it breaks,I'm not buying into so scam.But let me tell you this I have seen some lucky SOB's that just bought something that cost alot and bam they got laid off from work(me I'd be freaking)but no They were insured so it got paid for.True Story.Sumi:D