PDA

View Full Version : Another Chris Here

cedwards
July 28th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Hey folks! Another forum noob. Was trolling about and found many familiar names from the Washburn Forums here. Figured this must be another friendly, civil and helpful place.

Like the look of the Vox Modeling amp section - lots of good info for me there.

I play:
Acoustics: Washburn WG2S parlour, Washburn JM300 jumbo, Ibanez V300M dread
Acoustic-Electric: Washburn D10SCE
Electrics: Washburn WI45, Univox 1970s LP copy and Lyon L115

Currently, the WI45 and D10SCE are my main squeezes but I do pick up the WG2S when I'm upstairs just so I can shock myself, from time to time, with the beauty of her tone.

Have a couple of VOX AD30VTs, Digitech RP-12 processor board, Behringer Xenyx 1202FX and a couple of Roland CM30 powered monitors for the basement "rockin' out" sound system. A good, budget system for practice and jam (though my first 1202FX fried pretty quickly - still, can't beat the price). Oh yeah, Roland keyboard and cheap-o drum kit as well. It all goes very well with beer.

Born and bred in New Brunswick, Canada and living in Saint John, on the Bay of Fundy, for over 20 years, now. This is the best Summer here that I can recall in all those years. Heat, guitars, canoes and beer - awesome! Requires good balance.:happy

Robert
July 28th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Welcome Chris! I'm in Alberta. Good to have you here.

cedwards
July 28th, 2010, 07:52 PM
BTW, I should have said: I'm 52, been married to the Lovely Wife for 25, have two amazing daughters, 18 and 20 and have been playing for about 30 years, 15 of those semi-competently (the WG2S opened everything up for me). I can play at parties and not embarrass myself sort of level.

That's my life by the quick numbers. Daughters both drum and play guitar to varying degrees. The basement gets noisy around here but, with the girls moving along in life it's getting to be more me and the jammin' buddies.

I'll get some guit pics up in the next while - long weekend coming up!

bcdon
July 28th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Welcome aboard!!

FrankenFretter
July 29th, 2010, 06:57 AM
Welcome! Good to have you here, Chris.

Tig
July 29th, 2010, 07:21 AM
Welcome to The Fret, Chris!

I sure would like to have a Washburn WI45. Great stuff!

kidsmoke
July 30th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Hey Buddy!! Look who they let in here! :dance

This is a good spot Chris, unbelievable resources for skill building and bank balance depletion. Good to have you on board.

Tig
July 30th, 2010, 10:02 AM
unbelievable resources for skill building and bank balance depletion.

That has the makings of a signature!

cedwards
July 30th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the welcomes, all!

Tig - I'm very happy with the WI45. She's a gorgeous trans-red. Pics will be up shortly. Got it from FunkyMunky. Nicely done guitar for a great price - even shipped to Canada.

Kimo - thanks for the dance. Skill-building, bank account depletion and the time-sucking swirling VORTEX of doom.

Robert and Other Canucks - !Hola! from the East Coast.:canada: Something smells fishy around here. Oh wait: it's fish!

Monkus
July 30th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Welcome !!!

cedwards
July 30th, 2010, 07:04 PM
I've got some guitpics up now.Time for :beer: and :rar.

Note the Gibson-style "open book" headstock on the Univox LP. I think this may actually be a true "lawsuit" guitar. any comments on that?

Brian Krashpad
August 2nd, 2010, 05:00 AM
Welcome Chris! There are a fair number of folks from the Wash-board, as well as a fair amount of Canucks, here.

Although I'm not either one. ;)

mrmudcat
August 3rd, 2010, 09:50 AM
welcome

bigG
August 3rd, 2010, 04:51 PM
Welcome aboard, Chris!

sunvalleylaw
August 4th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Welcome Chris!

cedwards
August 4th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks, all, for the additional welcomes. As anticipated, a friendly spot here. Nice!