PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Midi and Synth stuff

Robert
July 28th, 2010, 09:57 PM
I finally got my Roland GI-20 and I finished installing the GK-3 pickup on my Squier Standard Tele. Not sure if the pickup is installed perfectly - I am having trouble getting the right distance from pickup to the string, for some of the strings. The curvature of the GK-3 is more than my bridge has. If anyone here has installed a GK-3, let me know if you know how to make it "flatter" and not curve so much like a vintage 7.5" shape...

Anyway, I'm sitting here updating software and drivers. Will be back with more info! I hope I can get this working somewhat before it gets too late. I can see the GI-20 is responding to what I am playing (in tuning mode) but the computer hasn't figured out I'm trying to talk to it. I'm hoping the new drivers will fix that.

It's getting late for me, soon time to :zzz .

Robert
July 29th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Well, I got it going. Logic Studio is quite amazing. There's tons of great sounds available.

I am very excited about this set up now. I can play all sorts of great sounding keyboards and spacey sounds with this gear.

All I need now is a lot of time to sit down and create!

kiteman
August 5th, 2010, 05:04 AM
I've read that installing the GK-3 pickup is very tricky. It takes trials and errors to get it right. I was interested in a setup like that in the past and I'd love to emulate musical instruments on my guitar.

I managed to emulate some instruments with my Adrenalinn III and the GT-10. :)

Robert
August 5th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I am having a lot of fun with this. I play organs, pianos, drums, synths, etc. I will for sure use this for backing tracks and tunes.

I am having problems getting the GK-3 installed correctly. It's curved a bit too much compared to my guitar bridge, so as a result, the low E and high E strings are further away from the pickup than the D and G strings. I also can't screw it in, because my Tele bridge place is in the way. I'm thinking I'll use some kind of super strong glue to solve this problem.

I also bought a footswitch on eBay so I can hold chords and other cool things. With an expression pedal plugged into the GI-20, I can control parameters, for example the tremolo speed on a rock organ, etc.