PDA

View Full Version : Rock Cock Festival

deeaa
July 29th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Starts tomorrow...mostly Finnish bands but rather a large crowd, five numbers anyway...Two days of Rock Cock. Nice name :-)

http://www.rockcock.fi/artistit.php

LeadedEL84
July 29th, 2010, 01:43 PM
If there were a festival with a name like that in the USA I would be very afraid to go near it.:eek: :poke

I checked out the link. Bands have some interesting names and images in your part of the world. I'm going to have to have a listen. I'm curious. I got onto this thing where I was listening to German and Russian bands one time. I thought it was interesting to hear their take on rock,metal,and blues.

Eric
July 29th, 2010, 04:55 PM
"Cock rock" I've heard of. Rock cock...yeah, that one sounds a bit odd.

Are you going to it???

deeaa
July 29th, 2010, 10:53 PM
"Cock rock" I've heard of. Rock cock...yeah, that one sounds a bit odd.

Are you going to it???

Funny thing, it's arranged just 2-3 miles from my place, but no, never been there. They don't really have my kind of selection of bands...they are always either quite too hardcore or metal, or alternatively the very other end, pop and Idols format stuff. There's always a few good ones, but never enough to justify a ticket.

When I go to a festival, I want it to have a good selection of international bands, and more like my genre, i.e. guitar rock, not extreme metal or pop. Faith No More just played in the neighboring town a week back, and I'm sorry I didn't go, they had pretty good other bands as well.

deeaa
July 29th, 2010, 11:28 PM
If there were a festival with a name like that in the USA I would be very afraid to go near it.:eek: :poke

I checked out the link. Bands have some interesting names and images in your part of the world. I'm going to have to have a listen. I'm curious. I got onto this thing where I was listening to German and Russian bands one time. I thought it was interesting to hear their take on rock,metal,and blues.

Of those bands, the only one I really listen to normally is PMMP, which I don't know how it would work for a non-Finnish speaker. It's kind of a strange mix of rock and pop, sometimes even punk, two female singers, really an odd one. Much of the allure is in the lyrics which make it firmly rock, not commercial pop, which it might otherwise seem like at times.

LeadedEL84
July 29th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Of those bands, the only one I really listen to normally is PMMP, which I don't know how it would work for a non-Finnish speaker. It's kind of a strange mix of rock and pop, sometimes even punk, two female singers, really an odd one. Much of the allure is in the lyrics which make it firmly rock, not commercial pop, which it might otherwise seem like at times.
Langauge barrier isn't too much of a concern. I don't speak russian and very little German. I found it kind of interesting to hear them singing in a different language. When I found a song I liked it made me look up words to try to figure out what they were singing about. LOL