PDA

View Full Version : Cream: Sunshine of Your Love Cover

Riley
October 16th, 2006, 05:52 PM
This is a cover of the Cream classic 'Sunshine of Your Love'. I'm playing the guitar, Kerc(user here) is singing and the backing track is unknown. Kerc hates his singing on this, but I'm posting this anyways. My guitar track was one take, and the solo was not done note for note, because that's not my style. We tried to make it sound like a 'Live' performance. :)

http://riley-music.com/Music/Original%20Works/Sunshine%20of%20Your%20Love(Kerc%20and%20Nate).mp3

-Peace
-Nate

Robert
October 16th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Cool man! Nice guitar tone, pretty close to the original tone I think?

How did you record this? It sure sounds live.

Kerc and Nate sound good!

Cranium
October 16th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Very cool, I want more :D, do you and Kerc both live in NY Nate?

Spudman
October 16th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Nice. That is the way I would do it too. You captured the spirit of the solo and nailed a great tone too.

Most excellent! (bowing)

Justaguyin_nc
October 16th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Excellent guys... voice fit well... guitar had the tone and feeling... great cover..

SuperSwede
October 17th, 2006, 03:47 AM
I agree with previous posts.. I think you nailed that live sound for sure!

Riley
October 17th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Thanks guys! :) Well kerc and I live way far apart. It was a cyberjam. I layed down the guitar on the backing and sent the track to him and he put the vox on it and mixed it, with some verb to give it that live flavor. I used a beloved guitar I don't own anymore, a 2001 '58 Reissue Les paul loaded with an RS kit and Lollar '60 PAF's. I think I might have used one of my Marshall half stacks to record that. Might have been my JTM45 clone with a Beanoboost pedal kicking into that nice womanly tone. But I can still replicate that tone even better with my current gear. :)

jpfeifer
October 26th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Hi Riley,

I haven't had time to listen to very many of the newer posts by some of the members. I just listened to your track. It sounds great. Excellent guitar tone.

-- Jim

tot_Ou_tard
October 27th, 2006, 06:57 AM
Hi Riley,

I haven't had time to listen to very many of the newer posts by some of the members. I just listened to your track. It sounds great. Excellent guitar tone.

-- Jim
Excellent, just fantastic, Nate & kerc!!

BTW how is Black Betty doing?