PDA

View Full Version : Just got my AD30VT and I love it!! But I do have a question.

Rockybluejazz
August 4th, 2010, 02:15 AM
I picked up today. It fruatrated me for the first 2 hours. Then I went the manual route. That's when it really came alive. And I was able to get the tone I hoped for. Up to that point I was afraid I made a big mistake. I have been burned in the past with a modeling amp. The Fender Gdec Jr. I'm happy that this wan't another Gdec. I do have a question though. How do you combine effects. Like if you wanted reverb and delay at the same time? Thanks in advance.

Radioboy950
August 4th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Hey RBJ.

Could be a typo in the title...but is your amp an AD30VT?

The rotary knob does have some pre-set combinations, and you can manually adjust those combinations for level and intensity.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to manually select more than one digital effect on the Valvetronix amp. I have the AD50VT, and I like the amp a lot.

You're on the right track by making manual adjustments to the EQ, gain, etc

I found some models need more tweaking than others. However, I like the Boutique Clean model just the way it is (minus some reverb). Then I put a Tube Screamer in front, and it really sounds great.

On the distortion side of the dial, the UK-80's model is very good with some tweaking.

Have fun exploring.

Rockybluejazz
August 4th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Hey RBJ.

Could be a typo in the title...but is your amp an AD30VT?

The rotary knob does have some pre-set combinations, and you can manually adjust those combinations for level and intensity.

Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to manually select more than one digital effect on the Valvetronix amp. I have the AD50VT, and I like the amp a lot.

You're on the right track by making manual adjustments to the EQ, gain, etc

I found some models need more tweaking than others. However, I like the Boutique Clean model just the way it is (minus some reverb). Then I put a Tube Screamer in front, and it really sounds great.

On the distortion side of the dial, the UK-80's model is very good with some tweaking.

Have fun exploring.

Your right it was a typo. it is a AD30VT. Thanks for the suggestions. I finally feel like I will be able to get some work done With this amp. I have been using a Line6 Tone Port D.I. Gear Box Gold for way too long. using it has been such a chore. I look forward to getting to know this amp.

deeaa
August 4th, 2010, 08:23 AM
I put a celestion g35 speaker in mine and it made the drive sounds still much better. But now the d/i out doesn't sound the same....

Rockybluejazz
August 4th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I put a celestion g35 speaker in mine and it made the drive sounds still much better. But now the d/i out doesn't sound the same.... I need to bone up on my speakers. It looks like the G15 is a popular chocie as is the ragin cajin. And I have no idea what any of them sound like. so I have some work to do. I don't want to sacrifice my low tone for a better loud tone. I'm using it mainly for writting. So the lower volume is my preferance. What a nice dilima to have.

deeaa
August 4th, 2010, 10:56 AM
The g35 I have came off a 20w Marshall, and is very good also at low volume. But sounds markedly different from phones output now.