PDA

View Full Version : Budos Band III - Free Streaming Audio of Entire New Album

R_of_G
August 4th, 2010, 07:02 AM
Third full-length album from the Budos Band (appropriately named Budos Band III) will be released on August 10 on Daptone Records.

The band/label have been generous enough to provide the album in its entirety via streaming audio for a preview.

http://www.spinner.com/2010/08/02/budos-band-iii-new-album-stream/

I've listened to it once through already. I sense another strong contender for my Best of 2010.

kidsmoke
August 4th, 2010, 09:53 PM
+1

Just saw these guys live here in Chicago. They played at my schools music festival 2nd week of July. What a BLAST!

R_of_G
August 5th, 2010, 07:30 AM
I wish they'd come play where I live, but I will get to NYC again and they play there regularly.

I walk/run every night and they are in heavy rotation on my iPod for that. It's like the soundtrack to my very own blaxploitation film.

Good for you getting to see them live! :dance

kidsmoke
August 5th, 2010, 08:12 AM
I walk/run every night and they are in heavy rotation on my iPod for that. It's like the soundtrack to my very own blaxploitation film.

Definately a good use for the music. It does sound like the best 70's car chase/thriller music on steroids. The bass player for this band works his a** off, The guitar is pretty much there for texture, but man it's fun to listen to.

R_of_G
August 5th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Yeah, the guitar work is mostly either textural or rhythmic and locked in on the groove which makes the band one giant percussion kit in the best Afro-funk tradition. He does have some really sweet tones too, particularly on "Ghost Walk" from the first album which sounds as if it came from Ethiopia rather than Staten Island, NY. These guys are the real deal.

kidsmoke
August 5th, 2010, 02:55 PM
Just found this. Have no idea who the creator was, but it's someone who was at our festival, and put together a little montage of images and sounds, and used Budos Band, live and canned, for the soundtrack...

check it out (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD51pb3mF0k)

R_of_G
August 6th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Looks like a good time. :)