PDA

View Full Version : Any body using the Jimmy Page wiring?

Rockybluejazz
August 4th, 2010, 01:19 PM
I'm going to eventually ghange out my pups on my Parker PM-24V. It came with Parkers Stinger pickups and they are a little hotter then I care for. I'm leaning towards throwing in a SD jazz in the neack and am still not sure about the bridge. Anyway when I do this I'm seriously thinking of doing the Jimmy Page wiring. I came across an updated Scematic that uses four push pull swithes. witch is suppose to sound even better. I already have two push pull swtiches. and adding to more is no big deal. I'm just wondering what people that have done this mod or used it have to say. Thanks in advance.

Rockybluejazz
August 4th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I have a friend that is going to give ma a Zoom Four track. I don't know the model yet. I now know they make a lot of stuff. But I was wondering about their reputation. Thanks

Tone2TheBone
August 4th, 2010, 01:38 PM
I thought about trying the JP wiring on my LP but I decided that if I wanted Jimmy's tone I should just play my Tele.

kiteman
August 6th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I thought about trying the JP wiring on my LP but I decided that if I wanted Jimmy's tone I should just play my Tele.

I don't know if you knew this but Jimmy had twinblades on his Tele. Hence the guitar that sold Les Pauls. :)

Tone2TheBone
August 6th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I don't know if you knew this but Jimmy had twinblades on his Tele. Hence the guitar that sold Les Pauls. :)

Jimmy's Teles were stock with stock pickups. He wired his Les Pauls to sound like Teles.

kiteman
August 6th, 2010, 10:24 AM
I'll have to find the pic that showed he had twinblades, no big deal. :)

Rockybluejazz
August 6th, 2010, 11:49 AM
He had his Tele in the New Yard Birds. He started in LZ with the same Tele. And used it a lot for recording over his career in LZ. The first LZ album was all Tele. He was concerned about layering sounds So he used all sort of guitars in the studio. Like his famous Dan Electro And double neck SG. He used a Strat prodomantly in the last couple of albums. His LP was very hard on his back. I read this information in a interview with JP. I could see why he wired his LP the way he did. He didn't need to keep switching guitars.

gordy_sg_no1
September 18th, 2010, 07:13 PM
i have got that wiring rig in a couple of my own sg and i have installed them countless times. i love them, you get a tele sound with huge sustain. but if you think of it this way you are playing a song where you need alot of quack in the verses but the solo needs more beef, when you can do it with one guitar why not. the only thing is if you have 2 core pups its a no go as it needs 4 core, so then you are left with either a hefty bill for new ones, or if you muck up the pickup mod from 2 - 4 core you still get the hefty bill for new pups.